IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might not be the right place to post this so if it is wrong i am sorry in advance....
I own a nwjet with a rear swim deck. i have been seeing lots of similar boats on the water and they have mounted there ice boxes to the swim step. how is this done. i have a cut out in the swim step to clean out the jet if it gets plugged up... any ideas

· Registered
4,953 Posts
You can get a cooler, 120 quart plus will work best and mount it to to the swim step. As said you can get a mounting kit, but I just made my own straps to mount mine, easy to take on and off the boat after fishing.

If your boat is around Monday I will look at it, and maybe I can help you figuer a mounting system :shrug:

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can get a cooler, 120 quart plus will work best and mount it to to the swim step. As said you can get a mounting kit, but I just made my own straps to mount mine, easy to take on and off the boat after fishing.

If your boat is around Monday I will look at it, and maybe I can help you figuer a mounting system :shrug:
thanks brother i will tow it in to the dealer ship monday. if you can come by then great if you dont make it that is ok also. i will leave it here tell thursday .... how bout the siletz>>>> time and location

· Registered
2,135 Posts
I assume you meant where is West Marine. There is one next to I-5 about 50 miles north of Salem. It is just south of Home Depot and Office Depot. You could throw a rock to I-5. Exit 292 I think.
The exit is 291 or Carmen Drive. Turn west off the exit over the freeway. Then down the hill to Sequioa Prwy turn right. It will be on your right just before Office Depot. If you get to Home Depot you went too far.
Tell them Mike sent you. Won't save you anything but, It might get a laugh. I don't get a kickback either (gonna have to talk to them about that).

· Registered
3,081 Posts
NWJ,
I'd check into the mounts used by North River. 2 small brackets mounted to the transom of the boat and the cooler. Held in place by pins. Pull the pins and the cooler comes off. Easy and clean. I have that set up on mine.
:twocents:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.