IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20:ft jet sled and wish to learn the Sandy. Anyone out there with river knowledge willing to share it with an old timer ? Pm me if interested in sharing your knowledge. Thanks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If I were in your shoes, I would book a trip with Jack or Brandon Glass. Just my .02. Good luck.
The toughest section is from the Columbia to the I-80 Bridge. There is really not much of it you can legally run in your sled. If you can read water it is pretty easy after the bridge.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
The toughest section is from the Columbia to the I-80 Bridge. There is really not much of it you can legally run in your sled. If you can read water it is pretty easy after the bridge.
Where is this I-80 bridge you speak of? I suppose you meant I-84 bridge. Besides, you can run boats with motors from just above Dabney. Stick to the Clack rat!

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I-84 to the top of Dabney isn’t a lot of water for how many boats are on that section when the water is prime. Pretty easy river to run up and down though. Boat launch sucks, really sucks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Where is this I-80 bridge you speak of? I suppose you meant I-84 bridge. Besides, you can run boats with motors from just above Dabney. Stick to the Clack rat!
My bad I - 84. And you are correct on Dabney. But you better double check where that deadline is at Dabney. There was quite a discussion on it a couple of years ago. Turned out it wasn't where everyone thought. Maybe you didn't get the memo. As to my "Not much of it you can legally run in a sled" I guess our definitions of what constitutes a worthwhile run of a river is very different. By the way you can also run that new canal below I - 84 that they opened up a few years ago. You will need the Columbia to be on the high side though. Maybe you should stick to rivers that you actually know something about?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
My bad I - 84. And you are correct on Dabney. But you better double check where that deadline is at Dabney. There was quite a discussion on it a couple of years ago. Turned out it wasn't where everyone thought. Maybe you didn't get the memo. As to my "Not much of it you can legally run in a sled" I guess our definitions of what constitutes a worthwhile run of a river is very different. By the way you can also run that new canal below I - 84 that they opened up a few years ago. You will need the Columbia to be on the high side though. Maybe you should stick to rivers that you actually know something about?
🤣😂🤣😂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts