IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never saw this before when fishin\'

My home lake here in Sacramento is Folsom lake. For those of you who don't know, it is stocked with rainbow trout and (landlocked) chinooks.

I fished Monday morning from sunrise to about 11:00AM. We fished at 75 feet deep on the downriggers. The first fish was hooked at about 6:20AM. The fish played well, as most chinooks do. When we got him to the surface, about 30 feet behind the boat, he jumped. No big deal, we have all seen that a thousand times. Then he jumped again. Then several other chinooks started jumping around the fish that was hooked. The fish were jumping at least a foot into the air! It was incredible and exciting. There must have been at least 3 other fish with the hooked one. I wish I had video of it.

The closest I have see to that was brown trout snapping at a hooked fish, but that was always in a stream.

We landed some more fish, and had a great day with a mixed bag. Here is a picture of my dinner cooking (Note-that is a big pot they are cooking in, and I had to cut the tail off the salmon just so it would fit!).

·
Registered
554 Posts
Re: I never saw this before when fishin\'

On Willow Creek in Alaska this last June, I caught a king hen and two of the other kings followed her all the way to the bank and just stopped and stared as I bonked it. -Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts