IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its a basic question but I want to know. Someone mentioned that they can be fairly productive if they are casted in the mouths of the Columbia river tributaries. I want to try to fish Herman Creek or Tanner Creek this weekend and next week. I got out into the ocean with a friend last week and NEED to get into some fish. Do any of you have any suggestions? Would it be more productive to go to the North Jetty of the Columbia?

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I think you'd have better chances at one of the creek mouths up the Columbia than off the jetty. At the creeks the fish will be more consentrated.

I've caught steelhead at several creek mouths on bobber and eggs and by casting plugs or spinners.

Tanner Cr right now is more of a plunking show though.

The mouth of the Deschutes would be a good bet too.

If you pick up a license for Washington there are several cool water tribs worth fishing too. Drano the biggest of them.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
david johnson,
have you heard anything on the descuhtes the last couple days? from what I know it`s been super slow.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Scottyv, you may want to look into the Bass and Panfish section for your real anwer on the Carolina rig. Basically, it is a way to hook up a rubber worm, jig, or lizard immatiation for bouncing along the bottom for bass fishing. I believe they utilize a small bullet weight in front of the rubber bait with a seperation of the two of about a foot. That allows the bait to float just off the bottom of the lake as they retrieve and and jig it. A Texas rig is where the weight is right against the head of the jig.

If you want to catch fish, go a little past the Deschutes to MP 125 or so and fish the John Day river for Small mouth bass. It is loaded with them and is a great fishery. It also gets some steelhead and chinook.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts