IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find out what is going on @ Nehalem Bay over the Memorial Day week-end. :shrug:

Should I take the boat down? or should I take the wood trailer down? :shrug:

I have never been down there during this time of the year and have no idea of what goes on in the bay.

Would there be any good crabbing? or Maybe Clamming? Salmon fishing? Let me know OK?

Thanks in advance.

[ 04-28-2003, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: fishchaser ]

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
Not much in the way of Salmon or steelies on the 1sy of June in Nehalem. Maybe some bluebacks.

Mark and the dog.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Clam tides arn't great that weekend, however their is always a crab or two in Nehalem bay. Can't forcast the shiney ones.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was wondering about the crabbing. I know it is in the end of May, but will there be any hard shells out there during that time?

·
Registered
709 Posts
You will find more hard than soft shells, probably a bit of a mix, but worth the effort for sure. The thing to watch for would be if we get a bunch of rain and the saline level in the bay is too low, pushing them out to sea. On a three day weekend I can guarantee you won't be the only one trying.
:grin: RIPPLE :grin:

[ 04-29-2003, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: RIPPLE ]

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
The bay can be a little fickle. There isnt much happening there until at least 1st of July. There is a chance for halibut outside, near-shore. Weather and bar conditions dictating the possibilities. Same goes for bottom fish. You can always try off the jetties for bottom fish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts