IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
119,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for all the women... the Mothers, the wives, the girlfriends, who put up with egg goo on the truck carpet, stinky rotten bait in the fridge, stains on the counters from egg cure, load after load of fishing rags...

They put up with evenings home, instead of dining out, cuz you are too tired after fishing, or spend hours balancing the budget to include bait, tackle, the latest fishing gizmo, or heaven forbid, a new boat! :smile:

Just like any sport, fishing takes time away from the family at times. Maybe you take your wife fishing, but not all do. Maybe you take the whole family! If so, good on you, but I'm sure they'd like to hear a few words of appreciation, anyhow. :smile:

Please take a moment out of your busy schedule to show your love and appreciation to them here.

If you do, you will make many women smile today.

Please?

You know, afterwards, it might not be a bad idea to take them to dinner tonight... buy them flowers, or do something special! You may win a smile. You may win an extra kitchen pass! Who knows? Or, you may just get a sideways look and have them tell you that you are a schmooze.

But hey! It's worth a chance! :smile: :smile:

Jen

G

·
21 years of putting up with me. Matter of fact she just cleaned and vacuum packed two fish from last night!

[ 09-18-2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: ****** ]

·
Registered
27 Posts
I love my WIFE because she does not complain when I spend the our extra money on new fishing poles and
When I go fishing in the morning, she always wakes up and tells me to go rip some lips :smile: and she gets that smell out of my clothes I do not know how she puts up with me :shrug: but I am the luckiest man alive!

·
Administrator
119,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys, those are sweet, but where is the romance?

Your eyes... the color of a chinook salmon, your lips, as soft as fresh eggs fresh from a salmon belly...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I unknowingly married the daughter of a Fishing Guide. After fourteen years, no matter whether it has to do with the Kids, Fishing, Hunting, Clamming, Crabbing, Camping or fixing the Truck, she's great about it. Thank God for Outdoorsy women!

[ 09-18-2003, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Floater ]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Your kindness is as if when the salmon is at the boat and it gets off the hook and falls into the net
Your generosity is like a Chinook hen full of eggs
Your devotion to your family is like a salmon fighting its way up stream you will do anything to get there

·
Administrator
119,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah... but somehow, it's always more special in print.

I love things I can hang onto, and read over and over. :smile:

Jen

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
My wife jokes that the only reason I married her is because she was the first woman I met that had her own fishing gear.........not the ONLY reason but that was a big part of it. :cheers:

Scott

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]:
This thread is for all the women... the Mothers, the wives, the girlfriends, who put up with egg goo on the truck carpet, stinky rotten bait in the fridge, stains on the counters from egg cure, load after load of fishing rags...

They put up with evenings home, instead of dining out, cuz you are too tired after fishing, or spend hours balancing the budget to include bait, tackle, the latest fishing gizmo, or heaven forbid, a new boat! :smile:

Just like any sport, fishing takes time away from the family at times. Maybe you take your wife fishing, but not all do. Maybe you take the whole family! If so, good on you, but I'm sure they'd like to hear a few words of appreciation, anyhow. :smile:

Please take a moment out of your busy schedule to show your love and appreciation to them here.

If you do, you will make many women smile today.

Please?

You know, afterwards, it might not be a bad idea to take them to dinner tonight... buy them flowers, or do something special! You may win a smile. You may win an extra kitchen pass! Who knows? Or, you may just get a sideways look and have them tell you that you are a schmooze.

But hey! It's worth a chance! :smile: :smile:

Jen
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">This almost sounded like one of those Bud Light commercials...

*cue music*

"Here's to you Mrs Fisherman lover...
Mrs I don't care that you left work early to hit the water with the boys and come home late smellin like fish. Sure I'll clean those beauties and seal them while you get your gear put away. You're going again tomorrow? That's great - have fun! Here's a Bud Light to all those Mrs Fisherman's out there!"

...or something like that. :tongue:

StinkyH

[ 09-19-2003, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: StinkyH ]

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
On the other side of the coin, I just have to say thanks to Pilar for putting up with my obsession... For putting up with me pitching a fit because he goes fishing when I can't. For taking me fishing, yes, even when he doesn't really want to... and for cleaning all those fish into the wee hours of the night because I'm just WAY too slow to help (so I trim and bag, clean the boat and tote the tequila)
:grin:

Now he's out at sea on a swordfish expedition. One that I convinced him was possible. I'm home (my choice - yes, I'm crazy to pass up an opportunity like this) waiting anxiously for a call via satellite telling me that they're okay and that they have fish. He was close to backing out of the trip when I opted out, stating he didn't want to go without me. But the skipper was counting on him and we ultimately decided that he should go.

My guy. He's awesome.
:bowdown: :cheers:

Great, now we'll have to delete this post before he sees it :hoboy:
:grin:

·
Registered
733 Posts
the first cast at 6 am creates a back lash that can only be fixed by cutting off 10 dollars of line, the second cast (after respooling my reel) causes 8 ounces of weight to soar 50 yards but only because its broken free of my line, the third cast goes 30 feet and i loose the weight and hook trying to reel it in, to try again, the 4th cast is perfect. proudly i turn and trip on loose rocks trying to place the rod in the holder and skin my wrist and left knee.... my wife helps me up and says... its ok honey some days are like this. then she returns to reading her book sitting next to me..... i think thats love and i i love that she loves me.

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
My wife could care less about going fishing herself. I LOVE her for the main reason that she lets me fulfill my obsession while neglecting them a teensy weensy bit, or more than that. When it gets too be much for her, she reins me in. By that time, I've usually fished so much that I can't keep my eyes open at family functions. But, in my defense, I gotta say, I do help with the housework and shuttling the kids back and forth to school.
For the faint of heart, don't read the following;
Everytime we kiss, I feel the same as when my rod slams down using a kwikie or an Alvin/Brads. The smile she gives me reminds me of the smiles I see on a person when they get their first big HAWG. Just sitting in the same room invigorates me like being the first one to that honey hole on a crisp winter morning. She is the best wife for me.

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Thanks T. :grin: :bowdown:
My gal loves to fish so I'm very lucky for all the time I get on the water.
But more must be said!
Thank-you for the o'dark thirty arrivals, sleeping in the truck to secure bank locations. :grin:
Endless trips to the tackle store for gotta haves and then returning because it was the wrong one :smile:
Removing smells and stains of blood from my clothes, kitchen, coolers.
Handling LIVE BAIT :sick:
And now my current adventure into Canning, Smoked, BBQ'd, and hot Sauce.
ans her endless patience, with my obsession for aquatic demons...thank-you!!

[ 09-18-2003, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Fshklr ]

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I love my first mate. She answerd my add when I was looking for a gal who could hunt and gut her own elk, liked to fish and owned a boat.

All kiding aside: Lori is my favorite fishing and hunting partner.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
I'm the luckiest guy on the water. I married my wife BEFORE I learned she can run a trolling motor. :dance: (Plus she looks good with fish)

·
Registered
603 Posts
My (now) wife flyfishing topless in a remote spot on the N Fork of the Couer d' Alene. Love at first sight.

"It was a tall young oysterman lived by the river-side,
His shop was just upon the bank, his boat was on the tide;
The daughter of a fisherman, that was so straight and slim,
Lived over on the other bank, right opposite to him. "
ATTRIBUTION: Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. (1809–1894),

"Two people kissing always look like fish."
Andy Warhol (1928 - 1987)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts