IFish.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tunaginity that is!

They came in so close that a friend and I just had to give it a try in my just barely big enough to be a Salty Dog boat.

Now I know what all the fuss is about. We ran out of Depoe Bay at first light and had the first tuna in the boat at 7:30. What a blast. We had room to keep 8 and ended up with 7 when I had to pull gear and run back in to get ready for work.

We had a blast! We saw jumpers off and on almost the entire time we were out there. With more experience I am sure we could have got the 8 we had room for and much quicker, but we only had 8 or 9 different lures and really didn't know what we were doing.

I have to admit, I am now afflicted. And it feels great!

the Spoiled Daddy

Attachments

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Way to go, Spoiled Daddy. You are hooked now. I'll bet you will be out there again this weekend. Have fun. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
:applause::dance::dancingman:
Welcome to the Dark Side. :bearhug:
You realize that you'll never be the same now. :shocked::cheers::grin:

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Give's whole new meaning to your moniker!

Congrats! Now go get more!

:yay:

·
Registered
11,461 Posts
I have to admit, I am now afflicted. And it feels great!

the Spoiled Daddy[/quote]

I call it Tuna Bliss! Welcome to the world of total satisfaction.:angel:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Welcome to The Dark Side. I can see more tuna gear in your near future.
And then it will be the boat show and looking at a bigger boat.
It is a slippery path you have taken.
Just sit down on the seat of your pants and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Addicting? Yep! I'm going again on Sunday.

I do have to say THANKS to all who have posted info that I have learned from. I realize my learning curve for tuna is pretty great right now, but I wouldn't have even tried it without you all posting tips, etc.

I should have said thanks in the original post. I read Skein's thread today and he clearly reminded me that I owe yesterdays trip to all of you Salty Dogs and others on ifish.

:cheers:THANK YOU!:cheers:
the Spoiled Daddy​

·
Registered
840 Posts
I myself lost mu tunagenity this year. Congradulations. :cheers:

·
Registered
612 Posts
OK Spoiled Daddy, so how big is that barely big enough boat? So when you get it figured out then you can break me in on them thar Tuners...?

·
Registered
16,805 Posts
Congrats, welcome to the bloody world of TUNA! :cheers:

..... but we only had 8 or 9 different lures....
Also, welcome to the expensive world of tuna....I foresee many trips to tackle stores and internet shopping sites in your near future.

I predict you'll also become mesmerized and acutely drawn to machined-stock reels, dropping the kinds of dollars on them that you used to associate with buying a motor.

Enjoy the ride....:grin:

·
Registered
657 Posts
great job. addicted,tuna bliss what ever it is it never goes away. I need another trip:food:

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK Spoiled Daddy, so how big is that barely big enough boat? So when you get it figured out then you can break me in on them thar Tuners...?
Go Getter,

It's just a lil' ity bitty 18' Hewescraft Searunner. I started chumming a bigger boat with my wife about a year ago. Maybe now she will take the bait!

the Spoiled Daddy

·
Registered
299 Posts
I lost my tunaginity a couple of weeks ago also with the help of the Salty Dogs. Especially Retaliate. This is a great group of guys that this lurker decided to stop lurking and become a member. I will post a little bit about myself as soon as I have time. Right now it is time to get ready for Sunday at Dopey Bay. Hope to meet some more of you guys at the cleaning station.

·
Registered
8,542 Posts
Way to go SD. It is great that you were able to put a few Tuna aboard. :cheers:
On the other hand, sorry, now you are hopelessly ruined.

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
...reminded me that I owe yesterdays trip to all of you Salty Dogs and others on ifish.
Amen! Me too!

I remember when I thought tuna was only accessible from an overnight charter, and that it all tasted like the stuff in the grocery store.

The Salty Dogs sure clobbered that theory - and my bank account!!!! (am I really supposed to THANK them for that???)

It's nice to know you're gonna get out again this weekend just to find out it's not an isolated event. The fish are THERE!!!

You have my condolences.

Skein

1 - 19 of 19 Posts