[ 10-22-2003, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: Mrdorkfish ]

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Nice find.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You know, been awhile since I bought any and I knew they had been sold to another company. But then one day there they are in Cabela’s. I order them and they are the same old things made by Storm. They don’t have the MJ color though.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Mrdorkfish,

what store were they at and did you leave any for us? thx. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Smelt is good to eat also :grin:

MrDorkfish

Louis

[ 10-21-2003, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Mrdorkfish ]

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
what is the differance between the origianal and the one there making now????? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
what is the differance between the origianal and the one there making now????? :shrug:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got2Fish, As far as pie goes...It's good IMO.

MrDorkfish

Louis

[ 10-21-2003, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Mrdorkfish ]

·
Registered
193 Posts
In Thursday's Vancouver Columbian, there was an article about the return of the "original Wiggle Wart". According to the article the original molds will be used and the original colors will return. All this confirmed by the N.W. rep for Normarc, the manufacturer. They should be in stores this fall.

$Bill

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I read in the paper the other day Storm is going to start makeing the old warts again with the orginal colors starting right away.It will be awhile before they hit the stores and will be stocked right along side the ones they make now.
Bob :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Unfortunately Storm bailed and left everybody hanging.
Brad Schoenborn took advantage of the situation and came out with a line of Wiggler's that were almost identical to the "old style" Wart's and are every bit as good if not better. That I can prove with pic's of the over 100 coho and chinook I caught on Brad's Wiggler's last season alone and the many fishermen I got started fishing Brad's Wiggler's last year that cleaned up on the fish using them.
Had an old geiser the other day tell me that Brad's don't wiggle right. About one minute later I yelled fish on and pointed out to him the fact that what I had just told him; "see, they do catch fish".

So I don't know what all the excitement is about Storm or Normark bringing back the old style Wart's when you have the little guy Brad who lives locally in the pacific northwest (Longview) producing a plug as good or better than the old style and is offering the same old good "old style" colors and some new custom colors including the #29 that I will put up against any of the old style colors.

The Wiggler's are available in about 70 colors I believe and I heard that the Wart is only coming out with about a dozen colors.Brad's Wiggler's

Factor in that Brad is a friend of mine if you like, but the fact is that I tried out his Wiggler's last year and immediately caught fish on them and then created a big fishery on the Kalama tidewater with them even converting some of the corkie snaggers over to Wiggler's and then created a huge fishery with them on the lower Cowlitz where every body and their brother was catching coho and chinook on them casting them from the bank, casting them from a boat, plunking them from a boat, and for the ones that prefer trolling they caught them that way.

If you have any doubts about the effectiveness of the Wiggler's ask SteelheadSlayer that walked down to a hole on the lower Cowlitz in mid September that I had told him about and within a couple minutes I nailed this pretty chromer on a BW-29 that I previously posted.

And this one the day before in Bob’s boat.

Haven’t caught fish on Brad’s Wiggler’s since yesterday and the day before while fishing the Cowlitz with Sturgeon Dave and last year I took a guide from Lake Oswego or Beaverton (believe his name was Lance?) up there in Brad’s boat late in the evening and we caught a few fish.

Yesterday me and Sturgeon Dave met a fisherman fishing the Lexington area on the bank when we fishing out of a boat and found out he was an ifisher. I believe he said his ifish name is TwoShotTom. He had read some of my post on the Cowlitz and fishing with Wiggler’s so he went down and bought some BWW-29’s (WeeWiggler) because Bob’s was sold out of the BW-29 at the time and Saturday evening he caught a 25.3# chrome chinook off the bank with a Wee Wiggler.
Last year some of the largest chinook I saw caught were on Brad’s “Wee Wiggler’s”.

They unquestionably do work.
Storm bailed, the local fisherman prevailed (Brad)
BS Fishtales is a locally owned small business.
Your choice!

[ 10-20-2003, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: DepoeBayDan ]

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What are you guys talking about :shrug:

MrDorkfish

Louis

[ 10-21-2003, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Mrdorkfish ]

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Burger King?

MrDorkfish

Louis

[ 10-21-2003, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Mrdorkfish ]

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Will this duel be on ESPN 2 or maybe another fishing show? Let me know what time it starts. :tongue:

Hey Dan, I though Brad bought the exact old molds for the lures and Tom Griggs was producing them for him. Seems like an infringement if Storm decided to start making them again. Maybe I got my story wrong. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:laugh:

MrDorkfish

Louis

[ 10-21-2003, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Mrdorkfish ]

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
I have addressed this a few times previously but actually Brad had new molds made for his Wiggler's.
Brad did not buy molds from Storm or anyone else.
The first batch of Wiggler's didn't wiggle right and they corrected it by making that little dimple where the eye is attached.
They obviously wiggle and catch just fine now.

Mrdorkfish, I don't know what you meant by; "those "stack up" areas" stacked up fish or fishermen?

The lower cowlitz is not an area where the fish stack up and they are just moving through thus very few snaggers because they are very difficult to snag.
It is also a very under utilized and a very uncrowded fishery or i wouldn't go out of my way to promote it.

Seriously though I was just razzing you a bit or joking but if you are interested in giving it a try up there email me.
You can use your old dtyle warts and I will use wigglers and we will both catch fish because they both work well.
That was my point the whole time.

Dan

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DbD, Chicken is good :smile:

MrDorkfish

Louis

[ 10-21-2003, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Mrdorkfish ]

1 - 20 of 44 Posts