IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
POUND!!! POUND!!! POUND!!! Thats what my rod did before I got to it. I looked around for my "fishin dad" and my " fishin boss" but neither could be found. So in a confused panic I pick up the rod gently. DON'T TOUCH THAT!! is the shout from behind. My advisors are on seen now... well giving advise. After a few more seconds of confusion I pull the rod up in the air as hard as I can. Feels like a rock!!! I yell WHOOO HOOO and some bankie loser starts pickin a fight with our boat. Ya know... caveman style. Anyway the fish is fighting real good. Back and forth, up river down river. This goes on for about 5 min.. I get the fish 15-20 feet from the boat and it dives down REALLY hard, but it looked funny. The fish comes back up with a seal on its tail... literally. I start cussin at the seal. We drop off and work this fish/seal for 10-15 min. Mr. Neanderthal man and his followers start to cheer for the seal. While Shane is driving the boat in and effort to catch up with the seal, Chris is shouting some very mean things at the seal. He also did some splashing. The seal finally gets tired and drops MY fish. I pulled and reeled as fast as I could. The seal made two more passes in the last 10 feet but was too late. I pulled up a very nice 15lber. This guy was just destine to be eaten by something today. It looked like he had met a few other seals in his lifetime... which ended today. Never would have happened without my fishin cronies 5-cents and fishnxtc. Oh yeah did I mention this was my first springer.........EVER!!! WHOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
The bank fisher was pretty funny. You guys know the one yellin at his kids because they are clubing animals to death with sticks while he is double fisting Hamms Beer!
When we hooked our second fish the guy called us some bad names. We blushed. Seal grabbed the fish and he yelled something like "Ha Ha seal has your fish now" execept his had cuss words. :shrug:

Let me tell you something when we got that fish back from the seal and netted it you could hear us yellin and scramin and when we got back on anchor that obnoxious bankie did not say a word... wonder why
:grin: :dance:

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Don't ya just love the haters

Hat's off to you guys for being more of a man than I would have been in that situation. I would have been more focused on putting my paws on the two fisted Hamm drinker than trying to get the fish. Congrats on the fish and I look forward to the day our boats are in attack formation as we shock and awe the sturgeon :dance:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts