IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
119,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught a salmon here at home, with a cat on my back, and with red pajamas, and pink lipstick on!

That's the combo, guys... Don't leave home without it!

It was a fluke, actually! There is a back eddie in the high current, and I fished with a bobber and eggs at 3 feet, in about 5 feet of water!

COOL, HUH?

Clappy snappy hands!

:dance:

Funny thing was, I wanted to let it go. So I did! It was bright, and beautiful, about 20 pounds, and the guys out there said, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!?!?"

"Uh! Letting her go!"

Go fourth and spawn, almighty hen salmonid!
Jen

·
Registered
181 Posts
Red PJ's, Pink Lipstick, and cat on my back. Got it all in the house do you think it could work for me too. Darn I looked outside no river running by the side of my house. I'll see if I can get the cat in the car. Nope he hates going for a ride he thinks it's vet time. Anyways congrats.
toni

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
...and with red pajamas, and pink lipstick on!
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">
Actually that sounds a little like one of BOE's tuna lures. Are you sure that wasn't a tuna?

I'll ask my wife if she has any pink lipstick, but I can tell ya, it's gonna be pretty hard to get it out of my moustache. :shocked:

Maybe I'll just stick with Mark's jigs or Scott's eggs. Yeah, that's best.

Skein

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
I'm impressed...I've never seen a cat in red pajamas and pink lipstick.

I didn't even know flukes ran up the Kilchis! :grin:

[ 10-22-2003, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Old Coot ]

·
Administrator
119,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really good news, too! A guy by me caught a BEAUTIFUL bright, 15 pound wild coho, and did a spectacularly careful release on him. I was impressed with his release and knowledge! I am also VERY impressed that the Kilchis is seeing a few Coho. Good news!
He also caught a spawned out buck steelie! Summer steelies in the Kilchis are really rare!
Almost as rare as the Sockeye Bill hooked a couple years back.
Jen

·
Registered
69 Posts
That is really cool that you let the fish go. I wish more to us would get into that mind set that you don't have to Kill them all. Most folks who only fish a few days a year feel it some kind of "right of passage" to kill every salmon they catch. Some of us brag that "I only kill hens" well they are the ones that make all the baby fish. Glad you let the girl go. It always feels good to have someone watch you and there reaction is always Priceless.
Where is the video it could be worth $10,000 on AFV just for the costume alone.

·
Registered
733 Posts
you should have kept it jennie.... i think catching a salmon that was wearing pink pajamas and red lipstick could have got you on with jay leno or david letterman...all the salmon ive ever caught were naked....maybe all that swimming upstream tears their jammies off? :shrug: joco

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
My jammies are white satin. I doubt they will work. I only have a dog and she is nearly 100 pounds, so no way I want her on my back. I do have several shades of pink lipstick. :blush:

I still think nail polish is more important, but I only catch one or two fish every 3-4 months. What do I know? :tongue:

(inside joke)

WTG Jennie!

·
Administrator
119,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Came back from the doc, and it's raining, and blowing 40!

I was going to go back. Now, the river is predicted to go WAY back up again! Look at the Wilson forecast!

DANG DANG DANG!

It does make me feel good to release fish. I do kill them often enough. My freezer is full. Sometimes the BONK feels great, sometimes, not.

I'm not a grand supporter of either notion. I just go with what makes me feel right that day!

I wanted to go fishing again. :depressed: Dang small windows of opportunity lately!

Jen

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I'd try it, but then my wife would never let me go fishing again!

happybrew

·
Administrator
119,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Above.
Not many fish though. At 4:48, I just returned from fishing for another hour. The river is rising, and muddying up. :depressed:

The wind was howling, the rain pouring, yuck! I took one look at it outside, and I knew it was my only chance, so out I went. I think we are going to have to say "Until later" on the Kilchis until this storm passes, and it settles again.

Good thing, too. I have to take Andrew to the dentist tomorrow! :smile:

I love good timing!

Jen

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I could dig the red farmer-Johns out of my hunting box, but my cat doesn't stay on my back very long. I wonder if it would jinx the trip if I tried it with a cat duct-taped to my back, and since I ain't never going to wear pink lip-stick, I guess I could put the pink lip-stick on the cat.

·
Administrator
119,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nope. Sorry... Simply won't do. These pajamas are red with white snowflakes.

Don't mess with success. Get the REAL pajamas!

Jen

·
Registered
13,994 Posts
What color was the lipstick? Who made the lipstick? How long did you have the lipstick of before you hooked the fish? Do you keep your lipstick in the bait fridge, or in a regular old purse? Did you put it on your upper lip first or your lower lip first? Did you put any lipstick on the bait before you flung it out there? Where did you buy the lipstick? Lipstick or gloss? Sparkles or flat? Does Joes or FMS have the lipstick?

Congrats.

Mark and the pink lipstick,blue eyeshadow dog.

[ 10-23-2003, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Flatfish ]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts