IFish.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to sauvies island this afternoon and plunked for springers at social security beach and I caught my first springer I dont know how much it weighed but it was 33 inches long. I was using a sardine wrapped k 13 kwikfish and I put some anise scent on it. That was the only bite I had. Does anybody have any good BBQ springer recipes I can try. Thanks.

·
Registered
873 Posts
What works for us is to steak the fish. Place pieces in a large zip lock with a lot of your favorite BBQ sauce and refrigerate over night. The next afternoon, remove from the bag and throw into a hot grill. For a little extra flavor, add a handfull of Aldar chips to the briquets.

Good eating

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
what time should I be there???

8 (4 ounce) fillets salmon
1/2 cup peanut oil
4 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons green onions, chopped
3 teaspoons brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions
1 Place salmon filets in a medium, nonporous glass dish. In a separate medium bowl, combine the peanut oil, soy sauce, vinegar, green onions, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, sesame oil and salt. Whisk together well, and pour over the fish. Cover and marinate the fish in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
2 Prepare an outdoor grill with coals about 5 inches from the grate, and lightly oil the grate.
3 Grill the fillets 5 inches from coals for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at the thickest part, or until fish just flakes with a fork. Turn over halfway through cooking.

from allrecipes.com

myles

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Congrats on the fish. This recipe is simple and no-fail, everybody loves it!

one cube butter
1/2 cup soy sauce
three to four heaping tablespoons of fresh chopped garlic (no substitutes here please)
all the juice from 1/2 lemon

Microwave all the ingredients in a glass bowl until completely liquid.

BBQ fish on a cleaned and greased grill (no tin foil, right on grill) on low heat. Baste and turn fish three times, use judgement on amount of cooking time and keep water spray bottle on hand as springer is greasy. You might never cook salmon or steelhead any other way after trying this (warning) :grin:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Good job Fishon, first springer is a special one, best tasting salmon you will ever eat :cheers:

I was out there in my boat with my dog, black/gold alumaweld, did you see me?

Here is an easy BBQ and great tasting.

It is best if you cook your fillet on a cedar plank, you can get them at Fred Meyer in the seafood department. If you dont want to get one lay tin foil flat on the grill and cook on that.

In a sauce pan put in Yoshidas Gormet (small bottle) sauce, some dried minced onion, a half a stick of butter and the juice of a lemon. Heat it just enough for the butter to melt and the onions to juice up.

Put your springer on the BBQ on the cedar or tin foil on medium heat. Keep brushing the sauce on through the cooking time. Shoud take 1/2 hr to 45 min on medium heat depending on how thick the filets are.

MMMMmmmmm good! :cheers:

·
Registered
135 Posts
better yet go down to Parr lumber and get a piece of 5/4x6" piece of clear cedar, way cheaper than buying it at fredd's :grin:

N

·
0 Posts
Boneless fish and chips size pieces, deep fried with Japanese bread crumbs (Panko) or your favorite breading.

BBQ sauce dip or tarter sauce.

Haa yee.

:wink:

[ 05-02-2003, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: ****** ]

·
Registered
14,700 Posts
Where is Sauvies Island? :shrug:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts