IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a boat owner for about a year after getting on this board and talking with my father and his friends and just thought it would be a good time for an update.

First off, thanks to everyone who has given me tips and pointers during the past 12 months. Especially in the finer points of anchoring.

So the burning question is...how many fish have I caught? One nate. One fish that I had to throw back.

It's getting so bad that my fishing friends are calling me "bananna boy" and the people at work don't ask me if I caught anything over the weekend, they say "how was boating?"

Now I am not complaining. Nope. That brings bad karma. And believe me, I need karma. I have thrown away 4 hats thinking they had bad mojo. I then changed shoes. No luck. Then I pulled the boat out of the water washed it and helped my dad put a new fish finder in it. We have yet to find a fish.

Oh, but it is not the boat. Oh no. That would be too easy. I will be sitting at work, paying for this great boat I have to relax on, when my phone will ring. Every other day it is my dad saying things like, "Welp, we got another fish to the boat! Bet you wish you were retired huh?"

The only reason I am writing this post, is because today (July 4) I hit the Columbia River in the St. Helens area. I heard that there were fish being caught there. So, out we went. Spent a good portion of the day in the wind waves.

Not

A

Single

Hit

:shrug:

So, FishnXTC calls us, they are droughting too, when XTC says something that is still haunting me.

"Wow, you can even shut down an entire river!"

I am sorry guys. Really, truely sorry. I don't have to be back to work until Tuesday, and I will be on the river everyday.

If you see the boat "Rarin' To Go" know that you are at ground zero for the drought. Fly away in that jet boat as fast as you can.

If the fishing is slow, now you know why. I am like shark repellent for salmon, sturgeon and even shad.

[ 07-04-2003, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Chacal ]

·
Registered
456 Posts
Have you checked your boat,may be its hot. :depressed:

LJ :grin:

·
Registered
19,909 Posts
Chacal you do have a dilemma. OK this is what I would do. First scrub all your gear down with lemon joy. Next wear latex or some other rubber glove. Try your favorite scent. Alright now pull out the binos and watch the boats that are hooking up. Check what they are using. If that doesn't work follow ****** and Get Bent Scott.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Chacal, That is my biggest fear...i am planning on purchasing a larger vessal in the near future..i'm afraid i won't catch any fish
Hang in there...read up on some of the success stories and rip some lip :grin: Fishstyx is having a drought :whazzup: No way :shrug: Hmmmmm...He has been rather quiet lately :tongue:

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
hang in there i went 21 trips without a bite watch everyone else catch fish. then limited 10 trips in a row same rod same plugs

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's driving me crazy!

I bought the boat for my dad so he was safe when we went out, now I am the one being punished!

We will see tomorrow if anything happens.

If I don't see any Salmon takedowns I might have to try sturgeon for a bit, just to see if I can even catch a shaker!!!

Thanks for the support. I don't think the boat is hot because when I am not aboard my dad and his buddies kill them.

I have slathered myself with Lemon Joy and also do not handle my plugs that much at all.

It's bad luck.

Watch I will hit the 200 million and not care. hehe.

pat

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Glad i could be of some assistance ****** :wink: 5-cents said they would be on the river for three days straight...we're gonna get one of posts that have about 10 pics
They do catch fish..and that's ok :rolleyes: Just wish i could spend as much time on the water as them.

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Post open seats, but ask that your guests be familiar with the water you plan to fish, or go to a hole they recommend on the trip (please insist PFD's are used!)

You wouldnt be trolling cut-plug banannas or carrots would you? :wink:

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Well Chacal, you haven't been posting much on here lately, that may be contributing to the bad juju, :wink: .

Glad to hear your still around, between the lack of posts and not having seen your boat since sometime way back in springer season, I'd had been thinking perhaps you'd had the ultimate anchoring mishap - :depressed: - and glad to hear you haven't.

Better fishing tomorrow, good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is that what happened? Were you up near The Fishery today? We couldn't buy a bite. Just kidding, You'll start catchin' um one day and you'll wonder what you're doing differently. Been there. Empty Netter.( Thus my name!)

·
Registered
313 Posts
I know how it is allso. I bought a vacum packer 4 months ago and havent caught at thing to use it on. Keep trying in time you will beat the curse. I hope! My wife is threating to throw away my vacum packer. Hold out good thing come to those who wait. Damoperator

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
I am in the market to buy a boat but this post has got me thinking . I catch a lot of fish on my fly rod I have landed salmon and steelhead almost every trip. my card is close to being full. So why am I going to Buy a boat???? I'll tell you . I just love to anchor up out on the Big C and throw out a smelt and enjoy life. have a beer eat a sandwich and relax!!!!!! I could give a crap if I catch anything You are blessed to have a boat and are able to use it. quite trying hard and enjoy the day and it will happen. Cheers Rich :cheers:

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Ya gotta put your time in. If there was no one fishing on the picket fence across from sand island I would be shocked. Might want to find a spot, about 30 feet of water and anchor alvins. They have been producing for us this year...

You will get yours....

K9

·
Registered
609 Posts
Chacal... I've got an idea.
Get some of that carrot milk stuff! :tongue: Then make sure to get me a sample of it! :grin: Once I analyze & determine the exact molecular composition of this legendary substance we won't ever have to worry about getting skunked again! :dance: Just plead & beg for some, I'm sure they will find it in their hearts to have mercy & compassion on you.

Let me know.

Full Freezer

·
Registered
250 Posts
I admire your tenacity and determination. you might want to try bathing in carrot juice. If that doesn't work try tomatoes. I here they can get the skunk off. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Originally posted by gottafish:
I could give a crap if I catch anything You are blessed to have a boat and are able to use it. quite trying hard and enjoy the day and it will happen. Cheers Rich :cheers:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">

1 - 20 of 31 Posts