IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not heard of any accidental shootings this year in Oregon.
That doesn't mean there has not been any So has any of you heard or seen anything ?

This would be a good thing ! :yay:

of course I mean shooting other hunters or themselves

If we make it all the way I'd like to see Grant McComie do a story about how safe Oregon hunters are. :clap:

· Registered
286 Posts
I also have not heard of any in oregon. However, I have heard of one in washington about a week or two ago. They were thinking that the guy accidently shot himself last I heard. This is unfortunate. :depressed:
Hopefully that is all I hear about this year.

· Registered
24,184 Posts
the upland hunters are just getting fired up, so give it time, most years the eastern oregon er's get to pick some pellets.

· Halibut
2,967 Posts
I wonder if the stats for bird hunters are still showing more injuries and deaths than big game?

I'd also like to see a comparisson for man hours driving versus hours of firearm handlng.

Hope this year is a 100 % no deaths.
SB

· Registered
1,385 Posts
There was a man in Washington who shot himself. He went to my church, and was elk hunting when he fell on his gun. He was tracking an elk that he had shot, and had tracked it up a hill when he slipped and fell. The gun discharged and killed him. A very freak accident. Please don't speculate and make the general comments about what he could have done better. Just please pray for his family, and be safe out there.

· Registered
13,100 Posts
I think I have heard of 2 fatalities in Washington this year, at least the one mentioned earlier in this thread, :shrug: and I have heard of no fatalities in Oregon this year :clap: Just those 4 guys from the Lebanon area that the one guy got shot in the arm but I think he survived.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.