IFish Fishing Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
You would think through maybe a million years of evolution, Sturgeon getting stranded on a mud flat would be a regular occurence. Thus nature has prob adapted them to last for awhile out of water or in very shallow water. Catfish live out of water for quite some time and that species would also be exposed to being stranded.

Thats my amateur biology lesson for the day.

I know where those pics were taken. Even though I was raised in PDX and fished Springers in the Willy going back into the 50's, I've never fished for Gators. I need to find someone who knows what they are doing, fire up the Seahawk and take a whack that spot.

·
Registered
651 Posts
To bad the seattle daily paper caught wind of it, the word will be out soon(today or tommorow) SAD:passout: being going there for years with gramps

·
Registered
311 Posts
We duck hunt that area. There is a good population of sturgeon in that slough and the adjoining river system.
We have seen them swimming in the mud when there is a real low tide, but that mud will suck you in.

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,577 Posts
Creepy fish? :bigshock: Sturgeon are the most perfect fish ever. They are so perfect, they haven't had to change in thousands of years. They are truly beautiful.

Proud sturgeon hugger. :flowered:

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,577 Posts
Sorry. I was out in the field down here hugging baby salmon. The ugly stepsister to the sturgeon. :D

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I figured I could troll up STGRule on that last comment :D

OK, ok...........they do 'taste' good!

But donchagotalkinsmack about those baby salmon, now :)

41 - 60 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.