·
Registered
762 Posts
He's not top predator no more.

:food:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Fishing tournament: what a poor excuse to take such an unusually large fish. Ego on those duds must have kept the boat afloat on the way back to the dock.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The effect of removing top predators like this means that future fishing tournaments will not be as productive. Just watched it on the Discovery channel. In areas where the larger sharks that feed on smaller sharks are harvested the smaller sharks left unchecked eat everything that moves crashing the food chain. Yay for indiscriminant human behavior :confused:

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
Wow it only took one post to get the why kill it remark I say :smash: mako are good to eat and heck it was 844lb rp

·
Banned
15,714 Posts
Ifish court of fishing morality is now in session. The honorable Judge Holierthanthoucuziwouldneverbonkahugefish preciding. We will continue arguments until either the dead horse is sufficiciently beaten beyond recognition or the first Willamette River SPRINGER! is caught....whichever comes first. Please be seated.

:lurk:

·
Registered
723 Posts
I'm more mad about gill netters that kill the wild coho I'm not allowed to keep! I'll trade one mako shark's outrage for no more gillnetters!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I watched shark fishing tournaments on T.V. and they say a lot of the shark meat will be sent to food charities for those who go to bed hungry, which I think is great considering the shark has to be killed to place in the tournament.

·
"The Old Salt"
10,945 Posts
Ifish court of fishing morality is now in session. The honorable Judge Holierthanthoucuziwouldneverbonkahugefish preciding. We will continue arguments until either the dead horse is sufficiciently beaten beyond recognition or the first Willamette River SPRINGER! is caught....whichever comes first. Please be seated.

:lurk:
Kerry I could not agree with you more

Why do people who make statements like this on a fishing forum even sign up in the 1st place?

I say if you are against killing a big fish that was caught within the rules
then you should be against killing any fish

Now if there was a tourny that killed hundreds of big fish in the same area then I might have to say something about that but to try and discredit a lucky crew just because of killing one big fish is nuts

Maybe there should be a rule for joining ifish that one must be willing to kill a big fish to join

It is very disturbing to read a thread only to have nearly all of them SPOILED by all the negative people just waiting to pounce on anything to stir the pot

As my Mother taught me "IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE THEN DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL"

1 - 20 of 51 Posts