5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to do some bobber fishing.Any good reports from the area around Woods

:dance: Bobber Down!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
RR

Spent Sat 8am-4pm near Woods bridge, low-slack -> high slack. Bobber 'n egg. Saw a few rollers, mostly silvers, did NOT touch a fish except to fillet a few pogeys.

Water was warm. Heard that earleier that week they bite was better.

hth :depressed: Mark

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Thursday was fair. I got two.

Friday, I didn't touch any, it was slow.

Saturday, I lost one, and missed one, it was slow.

Sunday, I heard it was slow.

Monday, I heard it was slow but a little better than Sunday. A friend caught one.

Tuesday, any reports? I haven't heard.

SKP

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
Neighbors haven't gone the last two days....they fished daylight to dark, 3 days in a row, and didn't bring home a fish!

TR

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tuesday Report:

Slower than slow!!!!!!!!!! Fished Woods to Riverview and saw no fish caught and very few roll!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Rain is the missing ingredient, followed by cooler weather. If it goes more than 3 weeks more without rain, the fish are getting mature, and will come in anyway. Watch the weather report, and if we get a good rain, go two days later, and FISH ON! It takes a couple days to get the freshet to the fish hanging out in the ocean jaws.

I'd say the best week, no matter what, will be the 23rd through the 30th of October - Good tides, and the best timing for fall chinook in tidewater.

I got one last year, chrome bright 37 pound hen on November 13, two days after a good rain. I got a gallon of eggs out of that fish, and they were not loose yet. It ain't over until mid December on the Nestucca for nooks.

SKP

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info guys,long way to go for a slow day of fishing.Sure do like fishing that section, Have had some great days there. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts