IFish.net banner

What width would you like on a 26'-28' boat?

• No more than the legal limit of 8'6"

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • At least 9'

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • At least 9'6"

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Must be larger than 9'6"

Votes: 4 15.4%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oops. I meant to put this question on the first "how wide is too wide" poll but got into too big of hurry. :redface: :eek:

Anyway, in this poll I'd like to know how wide you would prefer a boat in the 26-28 ft. range. Please visit the other poll to vote on the 23-25 ft. boat width. Thanks. :cheers:

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Hmmmm.... I figure that's two very different boats. A 26' is about the max I'd like to trailer, so 9' 6" is about max width. If I ever buy a 28' I will probably be thinking in terms of moorage, so wider is okay, maybe up to 11'.

Is there an industry standard length/width ratio?

Skein

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Oops. I meant to put this question on the first "how wide is too wide" poll but got into too big of hurry. :redface: :eek:

Anyway, in this poll I'd like to know how wide you would prefer a boat in the 26-28 ft. range. Please visit the other poll to vote on the 23-25 ft. boat width. Thanks. :cheers:

My boat is 28' and and 15,000 lbs so trailering it isn't feasible. It as an 11' beam, which I like. Wouldnt want anything less. I wont second guess the designer, Dave Napier, as to whether more beam would be better. :)

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
My boat is 28' and and 15,000 lbs so trailering it isn't feasible. It as an 11' beam, which I like. Wouldnt want anything less. I wont second guess the designer, Dave Napier, as to whether more beam would be better. :)
Feasible? Sure it is! With full fuel and gear, Maverick is pushing 18,000, no problem. I run a chipped 1-ton Duramax. When I'm hauling hay it's 20,000# loads, total truck & trailer around 42,000 on the highway scales.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Feasible? Sure it is! With full fuel and gear, Maverick is pushing 18,000, no problem. I run a chipped 1-ton Duramax. When I'm hauling hay it's 20,000# loads, total truck & trailer around 42,000 on the highway scales.
Howdy neighbor. :wave:

Forgot to mention thats its 16' tall with the hardtop over the flybridge, so I'd have to remove that plus all the wiring that runs through it. Possible, yes, practical, no. ;)

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Howdy neighbor. :wave:

Forgot to mention thats its 16' tall with the hardtop over the flybridge, so I'd have to remove that plus all the wiring that runs through it. Possible, yes, practical, no. ;)
Yup, that part's a killer for sure. I have to strip my roof to get to legal ht, but it's only a few minutes. The info I was trying to give is that weight and width are minor inconveinences when kept to reasonable levels. 25k boat and trailer with a gooseneck hitch and not much over 10' width would be my maximums.

So, have you been fishing lately?

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Noah and the designers of the Battleship Missouri both used 3:1
Sorry Brown trout more like 8.5:1 for the Missourri. Had to fit through the Panama Canal and was long for speed.

887' 3" (oa) x 108' 2" x 37' 9" (Max).
In the bible and the Qur'an the ark is 300cubit by 50 cubit, a ratio of 6:1.

Have the drawings been revised?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts