IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mainly fish Rapela's for bass (both types) because they are somewhat idiot proof.

How do you rig and fish a SENKO.

I mainly fish lakes (Hagg, 10-Mile, etc)

Thanks

·
Registered
898 Posts
I do the same as Roger only without the weight. I am going to try the weight this year.

:agree:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I have found about 20 or so way to rig a Senko. Depending on the conditions of where you are fishing I think they all have there place.

My question would be... Is they a wrong way to rig a senko? :grin:

·
Banned
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is that, about 1/8 oz weight?

If I am fishing the rocks at the Hagg Dam, let it drop to bottom and slowly retrieve keeping it on bottom?

Thanks

I have had some great fish on this rig!!!!!
Wacky rigged 3 inch senko
Roger

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Its pencil lead and it will slide. And it does on the fall (in the water). So the last couple feet is a weightless fall for the senko. The weight is about 1/64th to 1/32 oz. I have gone up to 1/4 on the rivers but that is rare! The weight does not hurt the action and it helps get you bait in front of more fish cuz you get more casts in. But I still fish it weightless when I think the fish are picky or big fish are near. I use the weight about 80 to 90% of the time with the wacky rig or the texas.

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
TIP: A hand held pencil sharpener works great for "pointing up" hollow core for a cheap little texas bullet weight. An electric sharpener at home will turn out lots of little weight in various sizes in no time.
Hunt'nFish

·
Registered
365 Posts
tnj8222, yeah, I like them too because they have the slot to put the hook into to make it more weedless, or easier to do so than senkos.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
i like them for there slow fall rate. senkos have a way higher salt rate than most other stickbaits. i really like to use other stickbaits besides senkos when i fish them with a weight. weightless i dont think there is anything that compares to a yamamoto senko

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
They are Alluring "Trick Sticks". I see all my favorite colors in that box....all except the Chartruse/green laminate. Doesn't it make you giddy just looking at them??:dance: :meme: :passout: I'm getting light headed as I type.

(I keep mine in ziplocks to keep the scent fresh and the salt from getting on things I don't want rusted.)
Hunt'nFish

Like this:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts