IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,445 Posts
Corkyking,

Next time I'm going to contribute to my local economy by finding someone who does this for a living and, if I can afford them, I will spend a couple of days bank fishing at the Barrier or Point-No-Point or go out on a charter or …………
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Two steps (and one polish job) ahead of you. After amusing the Multnomah Sheriff's Dept. no end with my polishing antics...I used:

Bob Graham Polishing

Brion
PS Boat looks great!

[ 07-21-2003, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Pete ]

· Registered
2,445 Posts
Red,

How did you have the heart to take off Bob's shine <grin>. Mine's holding up pretty good. Getting ready to have him do a Fall Chinook update shine.

Having the polish shine and the Shark Hide, what's your next move...shine or shark?

Brion

· Registered
2,445 Posts
Red,

I do moor my boat and it's been holding up well.

The waterline mark is not bad. I get some green algae growth under the waterline and I scrub that off once a week. So...I think the polish worked well.

Jack got the ArmorPlate on his and has found it hard to clean.

I'm probably going to do a twice a year polish unless you tell me the Shark Hide is good for year and keeps it's shine <grin>.

Let's meet and compare boats around October some time.

Brion

[ 07-21-2003, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: BrionLutz ]

· Registered
2,445 Posts
Red,

Hauled the boat out today. Interesting. Where Bob polished was good. There was a water line but not much and above and below it where Bob polished was clear. Interestingly, the under water part was the cleanest.

The algae was building in the chine on down.

On the bottom, Bob had polished the nose of the boat all the way to the bottom. That had no growth. There was a line with growth starting from where Bob's polish stopped and back.

It looked like the parts of the hull that were never polished provided an area for growth.

So...I'm thinking:

1. Do bottom (chine and down, bow to stern) with Shark Hide.

2. High gloss polish chine and up, bow to stern.

Trick will be moving the boat to get at the support spots.

Brion

· Registered
2,445 Posts
UG,

Boats that are "too" shiny and pretty don't catch as many fish!
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Ah...that's the Larry Page theory. I freaked out in Larry's boat last month and started cleaning it (it was a slow day and he'd been bailing fish last couple days...stuff all over). We got a fish as I was in the middle of cleaning...a statement by the fish I think <grin>.

Got mine polished and did pretty good on the Springers and some big Summers. My theory is a clean boat catches more fish. I was scrubbing my boat with a brush one day while anchored. Got two fish. Next day, a couple guys pull up next to me and anchor...and start kidding me about cleaning the boat the day before...they didn't get any up above but saw me flailing around with the net and the brush.

And if we are not catching fish...we can at least look mahvelous.

Actually, I'd think a shiny botton and sides would look like the sky to a fish vs. a black bottom overhead. I was thinking about white bottom paint.

Brion

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.