IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
361 Posts
Corkyking,
Nice job on the pictorial and the polish job, you boat looks great. Brion made a post earlier about Bob Graham(thanks Brion),and I had him polish my boat as well. I can't say enough good things about Bob. He did as excellent job on my boat, did it in my driveway and did it on time. His business name is EZ-WAY metal polishing. I loved the new shine so much, I decided to try to make it last with Sharkhide. Thanks to Pete Morris and others that posted about tips for application of the SH. This is a shot after I removed all the polish with lacquer thinner,and after one coat of Sharkhide. The thinner takes away a little of the shine, as does the SH.

The diamond plate takes more effort to polish, but you can see it came out looking good.

Bob actually polished my gunnel as well, it shined up well, but also darkened it some. He was very gracious and came back and removed the polish with cleaner, and this is the look I was after.

I moor my boat off and on in the Willy. I have had lots of green growth and waterline staining in years past. I pulled the boat out after being in the drink 10 days, and it had some minor scum marks. They didn't come off with the garden hose, but my pressure washer took them off with ease. The SH has definitely made maintenance easier. Bob didn't know about the SH product when he did the polish job, but I think he may offer that application as well now.

[ 07-21-2003, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Red ]

· Registered
361 Posts
GRB: The cleaner opens up the "pores" of the metal. It will then oxidize or stain easily. I've tried using meguires quick wax after a acid wash to seal the metal. I didn't get such good results, when I moored the boat(stains and slime) . However, having wax on the boat was definitely better than bare aluminum. That is why I am trying the SH product.

Brion: It wasn't an easy decision :shrug: , 'cause after Bob got done I was very impressed with the shine. But, I didn't know how well the polish would protect the shine, when the boat is moored. Sharkhide is made for this purpose. Has your boat been moored, and if so have you taken it out to see if you are badly stained? If the polish protects as well as the SH, I won't use it again. Give us a report.

[ 07-21-2003, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Red ]

· Registered
361 Posts
Corkyking,

Thanks, likewise. I don't have a pic of the entire boat, even if I did I couldn't post it because of a design secrecy agreement I have with T-jet :grin: :wink: :grin: . This is as whole as I have right now.

Is that enough? I know, you want a lightbar/radar arch/wakeboard cage don't you. :grin: :grin: BTW, nice design drawings for your rails. Are you an engineer?

· Registered
361 Posts
Zipper: I just spread the SH down to the chine on the sides. On the bow I spread the SH to the area where Bob stopped polishing(Have to get on hands and knees to see this area). I wouldn't worry about the bottom, I don't tend to get any growth there, and no one sees it. What you should be checking out is, can you work between your trailer fenders and the side of the boat. You will see a long handled painters pad in one of my pics, that is how I spread the SH onto the side of the boat where the fenders don't give you much room to work.

Hottamale1: If you send me a private message I believe I can give you the contact info.

· Registered
361 Posts
Corkyking,

I planned all along to use my boat for fishing, and family fun. Therefore, I had Tjet build my tower (my kids wakeboard), and build it into the boat during initial construction. I also had them install some driving/fog lamps on the top of the bar. I can tell you that this was a first for them. They had built light bars for police and radar arches, but never a tower designed to tow the load of a wakeboarder, and fold down to get in a garage. I think they did a nice job on the lines, and it is very stout. I believe it is 1 1/4 inch brushed aluninum tubing. Next week I can take some detailed pics of the tower and fittings, and post them. There have been several other ifishers e-mail me about the tower since your thread started. I'm sure your boat guy can build whatever you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.