IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys was wondering if any of you hardcore waterfowl hunters on here have an idea that you would be willing to share on how a guy could make his own duck spinner. I have looked at the pre made ones and the price seems a little steep. I would appreciate any help you guys had to offer. If you are not confortable putting it on here then pm me and we will go from there.

Thanks in advance SM

· Registered
6,824 Posts
Smeltman...I'm about to head off for the weekend...send me a pm next week and i'll show how/tell you how to do it right...and cheap.

Jon

· Registered
2,246 Posts
Heres a way...Buy one of those Winduks, and take the pin out of the wing and put a rubberband through it. Put it back in. Wrap string around the space between the wing and duck itself. not too tight or loose. wrap many times. Good to go.

· Registered
4,621 Posts
While this is not a spinning wing decoy I think it is just as effctive, I made a dipper duck by taking a decoy and screwing a small eye screw into the underside of it's bill, I attach a spool of 30 lb. test monofilament to the screw using a luhr snap and run the spool back to the blind, I attach a 2 -3 lb cannon ball lead also with a luhr snap to the line under the decoy. In the blind, I jerk the spool as ducks are nearing, I've had birds drop outta the sky upon seeing the movement of the fake feeder bobbing up and down. :cheers:

· Registered
1,137 Posts
I used an a regualr decoy, and cut a flap out of the top. I made wings by using a fiberglass rod going horizontally through the duck and gluing on wings cut from signs used for elections. The spinning mechanism is heavy duty tape measure guts. Connect line to the mechanism and give it a tug. Do a little jerry-riggin' and it works great and only costs an old tape measure and decoy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.