IFish.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody has a recipe for curing shrimp (prawns) I would appreciate it. I usually buy them already cured in the store and would like to buy the shrimp and cure them myself. I usually buy the ones that are colored. Any help or direction would be appreciated. Please reply to my email. It is [email protected]

Thanks
Brent

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Got Prawns?
Start with Beau Macs Instant dye with bite enhancers. 3-4 bottles if using approx 2 pounds. add more if using more meat

Add a couple of scoops of Beau Macs pro glow to make a darker purple

Add a squirt of ProCure shrimp and prawn oil

Add a squirt of Procure Garlic plus

Add a squirt of Pro cure Kenai Cocktail

Add a squirt of Dr.juices Salmon and Steelhead scent

Another possible ingredient is krill scent from Pautzkes

Add a cup of sea salt(health food store)

Add 1 oz of either isopropyl or ethyl alcohol(helps in dispersal of oils)

Rotate container gently to provide more saturation of your prawns. The sky is the limit on how you can modify this recipe. Somebody else will always come up with something special. Keep in freezer between trips. :cheers:

[ 01-07-2004, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: FEAR NO FISH! ]

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Pro Cure has a Prawn Cure, It works Awesome.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Thanks FNF, :cheers: I will Give that a Try This springer season Looks Good, You would think that the alcohol Would leave a strong smell :shrug: If It catches Fish I don't Care...Ross

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
They have quirks about liking certain chemicals. I have a great 12 step program for Spring Chinook in need :grin:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Okay, so then how long do you set them out on the "barbi"? :dance:

Bet the liquids from this concoction make a pretty good cocktail. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
FNF, I cant wait to try it, How long do they last(Fishing Trips) Also I won't Hesitate to use that cure because all of You posts are always full of Facts. I really Liked Your Wind River Info, :cheers: Thanks....Ross

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I have had a big batch (5 pounds) last all season.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Fear No Fish,
I think that was the recipe for a drink called "The Flaming Homer." Accept you left out the secret ingredient...Purple cough syrup!
You then, light it on fire, drink it hot and quickly suck on a lemon wedge!
Right?! :laugh: :laugh: :dance: :laugh: :laugh:
Those fish get so lit-up on that stuff, they will actually bite our prawns just to start a fight.
They say.... "Hey buddy! What are you lookin' at? You wanna' know what I really thinkayou? Hmm? Do ya?"
To that, I respond with a brisk treatment of some "wood-shampoo!" Or in my case an elk antler fish bat/war club. It think it really "opens their minds."
Hair of the dog,
Ragnar

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Ragnar,
You crack me up. Definitely need to share a cold beverage of your choice! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I forgot to add another secret ingredient. Adding glitter to this concoction can help. It looks like scales falling off. :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts