IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in the old days when I had 2 polls and reels I would change my line every couple of months, somtimes more if I broke a lot off. Now I have so many outfits I can't keep track of how old the line is. The only thing I have to go by now is that I mostly use maxama camelean line and as it get older it seems to turn a lighter color.
How about you?

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Change tuf line!! Now thats funny. We have 15-20 reels filled with tuf. I would need another mortgage just to change line once a year.

We change leaders after every fish....Unless it is a hot bite. Then we just fish it til we break it off and tie one on ( leader that is) later.

Mono... every so often. When it gets twisted or we lose a bunch to a snag. Maybe every 5-10 trips.

Mark and the way too much time on his paws dog.

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
On the 2000 series Shimanos that hold 100 yds of 10 lb test mono about every couple of months. It seems that a few yds here and there add up. I have been "spooled" twice this year when there was only 50-60 yds left!

·
Administrator
41,368 Posts
Fly lines: about every 5 years
Mono: about every year
Tuff: about every 2 years for 50#, 3 for 80#

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
I have some reels that are filled with Tuff black and white that is at least five years old and going strong! If it starts to fray I will replace it. If it ever starts to fray!

Mono, every year or two.

·
Registered
10,712 Posts
Every 20 fish roughly for mono or once a month. and once a year for toughline.

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
every year for most lines.
this year on 2nd spool of big game 30lb :smile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts