IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

· Registered
Raider 2496 Suzuki 300
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the pictures of tuna newbies, I am wondering how many people caught their first tuna this year off of your boat?

I went out 3 times and turned 4 to the dark side, (and they are hooked)

:cheers:

· Registered
11,464 Posts
6 newbies for 11 trips. Probable done this season.:meme:

· Registered
537 Posts
All the pictures of tuna newbies, I am wondering how many people caught their first tuna this year off of your boat?

I went out 3 times and turned 4 to the dark side, (and they are hooked)
Hey Rick,
I took out Brother Dave last weekend and a Brother in Law for their 1st Tuna and Halibut.
Couple weeks earlier I took out a Nephew and previous Dive Partner for their 1st Tuna.
Been out 4 times and turned 4 to the Dark side! :cheers:

We are doing our part to support the economy. Think of all the tackle, Rods, Reels, Boats, Motors, Vehicles, Motels, Gas, food and etc. :applause:

· Banned
8,835 Posts
I've got six so far, and five more lined up. Banner year!

Oh, and one of 'em has already bought a boat and has made two trips on his own. Heh heh heh.

Skein - who oughta be ashamed :hoboy:

· "The Old Salt"
10,968 Posts
My count is 12 to the dark side
But I guess I must not be doing something right
None of them has bought a boat of even talked about buying one
But they all want to go again

I also had 5 haligins this year so far

· Registered
1,939 Posts
I feel so guilty! I took four friends with me across to the dark side. Will they ever forgive me? Salmon and bottomfish and sturgeon will forever be just something to hold us over till the tuna come in or the ocean lays down.

· Registered
1,502 Posts
1 trip 3 tuna, 2 turned to the dark side, me included...saddle tanks have been bought and are in the garage ready to install, rods being purchased, reels being re spooled, bucket full of clones and a daisy chain...had family in town and they didn't want to go "that far" :frown:put a ton of salmon in the boat in 4 days and all I could do was look west and listen on 14 to the big boys...for those that remember my stories, this solves my problems with downrigger setups..."roll me another one...just like the other one..." :passout:

· Registered
1,376 Posts
6 and continuing.

· Registered
1,696 Posts
The Chase'N'Tail guys took me out of Garibaldi a month ago, and I dumped my salmon gear in the river on the way back in. Bought a new 33' Striper. Bought 11 new rod/reels, and the terminal gear is next. John & AJ should get a commission. Working on converting two other friends on my first trip, August 24/25 out of Garibaldi.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.