·
"The Old Salt"
10,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing a comment from Nalu in another thread I got to thinking so
I got out my calander and started adding up how many trips I made this season

Usually I make about 10-14 trips in a season but this year was exceptional

:bnews:25 yes 25 trips out on the big pond:bnews:

I made 22 trips in my boat and 2 trips on the dance floor and 1 trip in a friends 22ft Duckworth out of Garibaldi
And all but 2 trips were fantastic with lots of fish

Now this is where I must say THANK YOU to all the ifishers that went out with me this year and made it possible for me to get out so many times by paying for fuel and bringing lunch

Thanks to you all!!!

So how did my salty brothers fare this season
How many trips?
How many bad trips?

·
Registered
798 Posts
NOT ANTWHERE NEAR ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!

Fished with B.O.E. once in his boat and the rest in mine. Actually lost count on the number but started with Halibut, went to Tuna and finished with Salmon.
Had a great year but next year i plan to fish more and try my luck at Shrimp in May.

Glad you asked, it makes me think back on all the fun i did have!!!!!

·
Registered
11,461 Posts
16 total. 11 for Tuna/Salmon/Halibut, all very productive, 5 for Halibut, Mostly limits, but got skunked once, rough Ocean didn't help. All in All a Great Season, with Tuna as the higlight again, We more than doubled our previous best year.:yay: Quit early this year also, Aug 4th was our last time out. Congratulations to All this Awesome Season. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I mark mine @ about 32 from June to Sep. 'course I'm more near shore than the rest of you but man was it a good year and thanks to all of you that I stole ideas and tricks from. We boated our first tuna this year:D :clap:and I'm already spending more money than I should to get ready for next year...now it's into the drift boat with the wonder dog and where did he put my waders.....

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
only 25 trips hank. Seelicious does that in a week:grin:
Actually that's very impressive, especially for a business owner.
I wish I made that many. Two trips to alaska, plus workload put a dent in my number of trips on the pond, but no complaints here.
I did not keep track but I'd say in the hood of about 13-14, plus a few short trips out to take kids crabbing, evening cocktail cruises for friends, etc.
I'll probably make 1-2 more, then pull her out for the season.
Hopefully next season will bring many more.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I made 12 trips mostly tuna. Turned around one time due to rough seas and salvaged 5 salmon on that trip. Also 1 trip got 2 halibut.
All in all had a great year. Very happy with my results for my first full season.
Looking forward to next year already.
Hope for 1 more trip is not looking very good.
And thanks to all those that made it out with me. Had great time. Let's do it again next year.
And sorry for those that I didn't get out. I tried and will try again next year.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I put just over 40 days on the water this year. I am still hoping for a few more days deer hunting in PWS. I've got well over 700 hours on my outboard now, since buying it new in July 2003.

I hope 12-step meetings aren't in my future. :D

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
12 Trips this year off the Oregon Coast.
1 Charter
1 with Just Duckey
1 With Hank
2 With Mike
7 on my boat

Then there was a week up in Sekiu

Not Enough

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I'll match your number with 25 Hank. We were very fortunate to have so many nice days to get out.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
All I did was Tuna this year as I could not get enough. Made 14 tuna runs and averaged 18.428571428571428571428571428571 tuna per trip. LOL....I might have enough to last me till next summer. None goes to waste as I trade alot for home grown beef.

Awesome year wish It wasnt over.

Luke

·
Registered
449 Posts
6 trips here. Not to shaby figuring where I live. Thanks to all of you who got me on your boats this year. Thanks also to those who offered open seats. Hope to see many of you again next year..

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
9 trips mostly for tuna. Compared to 33 last year it was pretty sparse. The last few were turn around trips due to breakdowns.

What a year though.

Anyone can catch a tuna in june.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Seven trips on the ocean is all.

3 Halibut, 3 tuna, (2 in the OTC) 1 salmon.

I sure had a great time fishing with you on "Memories" for halibut on my first trip of the season, Hank. Thanks again for posting open seats!!:cheers:

(edit) 1 trip to Hood Canal for shrimp, 1 trip to Longbeach for clams.

Peace, Tom

·
Vendor
9,514 Posts
Just 8 trips on my dory this year, plus 1 with Greenbuttskunk for halibut. Two tuna trips, one Coho trip, 2 inshore halibut trips, and the rest bottom fish, all out of PC. I got way bogged down in remodeling my house, which kept me off the water a lot.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
19 trips out of the CR for various species

1 2day trip out of San Diego for tuna in June.

Planning additional trips out of San Diego to finish out the year and start the new year.

·
Registered
399 Posts
26 Tuna trips and I"m not done yet:clap: Two salmon trips.....forgot what salmon look like.Oh yea two halibut trips also.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
25 days so far, it's ..NOT...over, will get a few more for Coho, then switch over to blackmouth when it opens, if it opens..

Hank: You got 26, if you include SHRIMPING :))))

I think 42 was my all time hi, when I was a young pup...

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Not enoughin my opinion. Wife 's is different!

Halibut 7 trips.= 23 halibut

Tuna 4 trips- one cancelled for rough seas. = 29 tuna

Last trip (Center Punched a 10ft Blue Shark) polishing the lower unit!:jester:

Fuel cost this year lower than last year.

Made new friends and fantastic crew this year who made trips more fun.

Caused one member to buy a new to him boat and now a new Capitain'
for tuna. The Proffessor--Hi Kirk

Met more I Fishers to e-mail to.

What a fantastic season.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

·
"The Old Salt"
10,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
25 days so far, it's ..NOT...over, will get a few more for Coho, then switch over to blackmouth when it opens, if it opens..

Hank: You got 26, if you include SHRIMPING :))))

I think 42 was my all time hi, when I was a young pup...
I haven't forgot about the shrimping (THANKS AGAIN)
but all I did was break off heads and bag'em up

My son still talks about that trip even after devirginizing him on TUNA this year:passout:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts