IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
6 seasons on my 2015 150 suzuki
1800 hrs and not a problem
Wish i could say the same about my 9.9 kicker

·
Registered
tuners, steeltrouts, anything goes
1,911 Posts
All these high hours Hondas in here have me feeling pretty awesome about the 700hr BF225 I just bought. That thing should last me quite a long time from the sounds of it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
2017 Yamaha F150….. 200 hours. Annual 100 hour service even though I don’t put on 100 hours in a year and did the impeller service this year.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
All these high hours Hondas in here have me feeling pretty awesome about the 700hr BF225 I just bought. That thing should last me quite a long time from the sounds of it.
A friend who operates rental boats in AK repowered one of his boats with over 5,000 hours because he figured it was about time, not because of engine troubles. Engines that are used often and maintained regularly can run for a very, very long time.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have a 225hp Yamaha. It has over 2200 hrs on it. It has been serviced regulary as recommend by Yamaha. It runs like it was Brand new. My buddy who is this mechanic who serviced it. He was telling me that Yamahas are good for a easy 6000 hrs.

·
Registered
Troller. Explorer, Marlin curious.
14,583 Posts
2020 Suzuki 300 Hp duoprop (201) and a 2021 Suzuki 25 Hp 3 cylinder kicker (22). Just did my 3rd oil change on the main and a breakin service on the kicker. We have some legs now and have been testing them. I figure for the boat that does 100% salt and goes out every weekend 250 hours is a pretty typical number for a summer of fishing. This mainly because the engine runs all day on a TUNA! trip. And most other trips are at least an hour run each way.

I am curious about the 300 hour service on oil. That seems like a long time. And FWIW it also matters when in the year you change the oil and gearcase oil. I always end the season with a fresh oil change and gearcase oil change. This makes sure you don't have a leaking seal and water left in the gearcase over the winter.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yamaha Recommended Service Intervals
Major items include, but are not limited to, the following for each service:

20 Hour Service (At 20 Hours or 3 Months)
Replace engine oil, oil filter, and gear oil. Clean/replace spark plugs. Replace boat-mounted fuel filter. Inspect/grease propeller. Visual inspection.

100 Hour Service (Every 100 Hours or 1 Year)
Replace engine oil, oil filter, gear oil, spark plugs, and fuel filter. Replace boat-mounted fuel filter. Inspect/grease propeller. Inspect/replace anodes and thermostats. Grease points. Visual inspection.

300 Hour Service (Every 300 Hours or 3 Years)
Replace engine oil, oil filter, gear oil, spark plugs, and fuel filter. Replace boat-mounted fuel filter. Inspect/grease propeller. Inspect/replace anodes and thermostats. Inspect/ replace fuel pump. Replace impeller/water pump housing. Grease points. Visual inspection.

500 Hour Service (Every 500 Hours or 5 Years)
Replace engine oil, oil filter, gear oil, spark plugs, and fuel filter. Replace boat-mounted fuel filter. Inspect/grease propeller. Inspect/replace anodes and thermostats. Inspect/replace fuel pump and impeller/water pump housing. Inspect/adjust valve clearance. Replace oil control valve filter and VST filter. Replace internal anodes. Grease points. Visual inspection.

1000 Hour Service (Every 1,000 Hours)
Replace engine oil, oil filter, gear oil, spark plugs, and fuel filter. Replace boat-mounted fuel filter. Inspect/grease propeller. Inspect/replace anodes and thermostats. Inspect/replace fuel pump and impeller/water pump housing. Inspect/adjust valve clearance. Replace oil control valve filter and VST filter. Replace internal anodes. Replace timing belt, exhaust guide, and manifold. Grease points. Visual inspection.

Yamaha Outboard Services
Engine Diagnostics

Yamaha Outboard Services
Engine Troubleshooting

Yamaha Outboard Services
Engine Service

Yamaha Outboard Services
Engine Repower

Yamaha Outboard Services
Lower Unit Disassembling and Repairs

Yamaha Outboard Services
Engine Testing

Yamaha Outboard Services
Carburetor Synchronization

Phone Call Us Today!
(949) 515-2822 OC
Map
1555 Newport Blvd , Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Follow Us
Check us out on Instagram Check us out on Yelp Like us on Facebook
Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Site Map
Copyright 2021 ARI Network Services Inc. All rights reserved.

·
Registered
302 Posts
07 Suzuki 150 on an 07 21’ north river 1609 hours runs awesome. At about 1000hr throttle position sensor failed, only problem I’ve had, 90% ocean hours. Not the fastest but easy on the fuel bill! Love it!!!

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
thats cause its really a yamaha!
I've owned both engines, the old 1.73L Mercury and the new 2.1L. The new one is way better. More torque, better mileage, lighter weight, maintenance-free valve train. Superb engine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
2004 yamaha hpdi 150 750 hours. When I bought the boat it said 750, and I bought the yamaha software for my computer to figure out an electrical problem. It showed me it actually only had 650 hours on it. Apparently the previous owner left the key on in the garage several times and the hour meter keeps counting on this motor.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Buddy of mine just bought a boat with twin HPDI’s. Being 2-strokes gave him pause, but his research indicated they are superb motors.

My 9.9 Yammie kicker was dead as a doornail once I got onto the water Friday, (turned out to be a rotted battery cable) so I put 5 hours on the main trolling for salmon. Normally I prefer to NOT put hours on the main like that.... reading this thread makes me wonder why I worry! :)

Tight lines and smooth runnin’ guys.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Buddy of mine just bought a boat with twin HPDI’s. Being 2-strokes gave him pause, but his research indicated they are superb motors.

My 9.9 Yammie kicker was dead as a doornail once I got onto the water Friday, (turned out to be a rotted battery cable) so I put 5 hours on the main trolling for salmon. Normally I prefer to NOT put hours on the main like that.... reading this thread makes me wonder why I worry! :)

Tight lines and smooth runnin’ guys.
I have twin 200 hpdi Yamaha's with appx 400 hours each(2002). When I bought the boat they had 60 hours. No motor problems other than maintenance. Replaced one tilt relay and need to do the other. Repaired trim/tilt cylinders on one last year and did other one this year. Am OCD with my fuel & filters. Seem to be good on fuel and plenty of HP. Will run them till they quit. Seems the 250 hpdi's were a problem.

·
Registered
911 Posts
120 hours...suzy 250. She's 10 months young.

·
Registered
183 Posts
10 hours on a fresh 2021 SUZUKI 140 ! Wouldn’t want to even guess how many on my 2014 Mercury 9.9 Bigfoot.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts