IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost every fall, I am asleep in the middle of the night dreaming about fishing, when my bobber goes down. It's kind of like sleep walking, but it's setting your hook in your sleep. Usually, my hands either smack my wife, or I just scare the dickins out of her depending upon which way I'm turned, because from absolute stillness, both arms come flying. :grin:

Has this happened to you?
:grin:
SKP

·
Registered
10,879 Posts
Not dreams of setting the hook, but i've had dreams about falling out of the boat and trying to swim against the current :grin: I've been told that I wake up flailing my arms around like an idiot

-jokester

[ 10-27-2003, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: jokester ]

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
My favorite is dreaming of setting the hook and jumping up out of your sleep - but not while in bed - but while anchor fishing... happens at least once per year....

the other and even more popular favorite is completely falling asleep and having your buddy yell fish on - try to get your wits, and then set the hook.. one day this spring I darn neer fell out of the boat - got the fish though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I usually find my self falling asleep watching the news waiting to hear the weather report. Then when I sleep fish I fall out of the chair and that is when I wake up without the chrome I had just been dreaming of so I tend to be cranky from then on.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
YES!!!

Usually Steelhead drift fishing.....I always wake myself up so I never find out if I got him :shrug:

I need to figure out how to go right back to sleep for the fight!

·
Registered
733 Posts
wow something must be wrong with me all i ever dream about is red headed twin sisters... around 22 years old... please god dont let that alarm clock ring.... not now... just another minute plllleeeeeaaaaassssseeeeeeee......
damn it was just another dream... maybe i should concentrate on sturgeon tonight.. (no dear i wasnt dreaming about red headed twins again... honest i was dreaming of fish) :sleep: joco

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
The Tillamook Two-Step in your Sleep :sleep:

LOL....

Remember to reel down then set....elbow wrist easy set... Wife will be happy you will not smack her anymore... :grin:

·
Registered
22,376 Posts
Man I love getting my dad on the way home. He'll be sawing logs and I'll yell fish on and he come's up swinging every time. :laugh: Boy does that tick him off. :shocked:

As for me, only done it one time so far. Usually when I set the hook it is for real. :wink:

·
Registered
118 Posts
That just happened to me the other night. My wife just thinks its a twitch since I do that to. Haven't knocked anything over or injured anyone yet.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
That must be snaggers disease. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheerio'
Skipper

[ 10-27-2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Skipper ]

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I don't know about setting the hook, but years ago, I had been fishing every day and was tired in the evening. I would fall asleep and dang if I wouldn't fish all nite in my dreams. I hooked fish after fish then would lose them. The line would break, the net would knock them off or something else would cause the fish to be gone.

I would wake up as tired as when I went to sleep. It really preyed on my mind. Thing was, I was catching fish while actually fishing. Maybe the dreams helped me to fish the right way when I was awake.

:hoboy:

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've done it many times and woke myself up in the process. Unfortunatly I never get the fish. I just call it another form of practice for the real thing. :wink:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I dont think I set the hook in my sleep, but after anchor fishing for a week strait, I hear clickers go off everywhere I go and I jump a mile. The people around me inform me that it was mearly a kid with a baseball card in his spokes, but I'm pretty sure I just missed one. I also start hearing bells a lot after plunking. Its amazing how everything can sound like a bell sometimes.

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
i haven't done it, yet. i had a dream the other night where i was dragging herring, got bit and let it take, take, take. then thumbed down on the spool till the rod loaded up, fish on! it was a perfect take and set and i woke up disappointed that i wasn't actually fishing.

now, if i could only do that on the water.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Oh yeah, been there, done that.

Especially after a day like this past Sat., 21 takedowns, 17 hooked, eleven landed. :grin:
Bobber(floats) visions all the way.
Haven't smacked the wife yet, usually wake myself up. :shocked:
Jigging for Kokes is another sleepy time hook setter. :shrug:

Kurt

·
Administrator
119,703 Posts
If you've ever spent considerable time staring at a bobber in the sunlight, when you get home and close your eyes, that bobber appears magically in your mind.

It twitches and turns like it did on the water.

Yes, many times I have fallen asleep with that image in my mind. Round about 2 o clock in the morning, like clockwork, it always goes under!

I wake up with a jolt, and sit upright! FISH ON!

Makes me think I should fish at 2 in the morning, if it were legal. The bite is really good, then!

Jen

1 - 20 of 30 Posts