IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll probably be heading to Newport on sat. and wondering if any one has been crabbing there in the last couple of days. Any info is welcome

Thanks,

Aufish101

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I crab there frequently, and we generally enjoy good success. Last Saturday, the 18th, I would lable crabbing as lousy. Not only were keepers in short supply, so were undersized. Tried 4 different areas in the lower bay, same results each spot.

On the other hand, it beat doing yard work.

Watch the tides this weekend; if memory serves, there are some big runouts scheduled.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
My son and I worked the bay around the marine science center and the blue tank with six pots last Friday the 17th and it was honestly the worst day crabbing I can remember in a very long time. :depressed:
There were tons of males about 1/8 of an inch too small, so it was a lot of work for very little result. I saw one boat come in with a good load, but I don't know where they were. :shrug:
Hope you do better than we did.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reports, it sounds like T-Bay is better, but I don't like the ramp there, so I'll still be heading to Newport. I'll hit the low slack, have to get up early! I'll let ya know how it was when I get back.

Aufish101

ps I'm throwing in my salmon gear also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts