IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vacations never last long enough!

Was able to fish with family and friends while on vacation @ Astoria the last 10 days.

Started August 12th with Kevin(timber man)fishing between the bridge and Chinook(Church hole)....was a slow start, but after 5 1/2 hours... I hit a Chinook near 30# and @ high slack @ the bridge we were on fire, hitting 5 in 45 minutes... only problem we hard to release 2 chrome Chinook of 25# and 30# as we had our 2 in the box

The next couple days fished with Denney Rutherford(denneyford) and buddies Chris Matson and Ken Ulrich.....Chinook limits were pretty easy but keeper Coho were harder to come by.

Saturday, fished with buddy Wayne(woodsy wayne) and his boss Doug, it was kinda slow but we got our kings and released some nate Ho's.
This was the last day we fished this area....

This week fished with my family, and had excellent luck from the Wood chip plant to Hammond....trollin "the green line" from bouy #29-#25..on the edge of the ship channel

All our luck came on chart. and chrome Delta divers and med. chart. fishflash w/ 5'-40# leaders w/ 4/0-4/0 or 5/0-5/0 blk nickle Gammies w/ brined cuttplug blue lable Ballard bait herring.
Most of our action came @ 18-24 pulls in 28'-45' of water......there are ton's of fish in the river .... GO GET'EM!!!

[ 08-23-2003, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: Rapid Robert ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
WOWIE ZOWIE

Thanks for the great report and better pics :cool:

:cheers:

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
:grin:
:bowdown:
:bowdown: :grin: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Truley awesome feesh!! What a vacation!!

·
Premium Member
4,094 Posts
Bob...good to see you down there...
was wondering where you were the last few days, now I know. :cheers: Keep us posted on your upriver success. Go Ducks.

·
Registered
19,910 Posts
Great report,with awesome kill pictures. Headin down in the AM,thanks again Bob.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
You done good boy!!!!!! Thanks for those greeat pictures, makes a carrot smile to see lots of good pictures on the site!!!! Keep em coming. :wink:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Nice Chinooks! I noticed you sitting at the Hammond dock at mid day (Tuesday?)last week. Great boat restoration. Sorry I got in too much of a rush to introduce myself. I'm an ex Yakimaniac myself.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Hey thanks for the report.

Question: That last picture: Is that a clipped Chinook the lady is holding or just a big Silver? I didn't know they clipped Fall Chinook. If they do does anyone know where? Seems like that should narrow down where that thing was headed... Just curious...

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BountyHunter, Linda is holding a 14#-15# hatchery Coho.

Jay, our fishing on vacation is pretty kicked back. We plan our day around the tide and hit it an hour or 2 before high and fish it a couple hours into the ebb....3-4 hours aday...
Buy not going out all day on the water, I can get the family out everyday and we can still do all the family vacation stuff...works for us :cheers: .... I remember seeing your boat on the dock as well, next time I'll say hello.....when did you move from Yakavegas? ...congrates on your trips as well :smile:

[ 08-25-2003, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Rapid Robert ]

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Thanks Bob. I left Yak in '86 after taking JM Perry's instrument program. My folks still reside there and we enjoy getting back to visit fairly often. Graduated from WV class of '82. I bet WV and Selah are still sports rivals.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts