IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you fish and still catch a bright fish. I have never fished the Wilson and am heading down there tomorrow. I would rather not fight the crowds of people due to my inexperience and would like to know how far upriver you can fish and still catch an etible fish. I know that steelhead can be caught quite aways up but what about salmon. Thanks for the help.

Ace

· Registered
884 Posts
I saw a nice nook cuaght above jones creek today and thats aways up but there was lost of room to fish the guide shop today. I think most of the fish cuaght today where below the guide shop though. hope this helps

· Registered
1,510 Posts
I "short-line" released a nice 25lb chrome buck near siskeyville this morning. Played it for about 10 minutes planning to release it anyway and it just came unhooked as I was playing it to shore with the pliars in my hand. I hooked that fish on my third cast with bobber and fresh cured eggs in a very unlikely looking eddy about the diameter of a kitchen table. I was fishing five feet of dropper and tried unsuccessfully to get into this small seam on my first two casts, but got it in there on the third and bobber just flat disappeared. No crowds, just me and Mr. King Salmon. Nice!

Not trying to hijack your post, but there are bright fish upstream if you work for them. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.