IFish.net banner

How do you like Threads?

• I think I like it. I'm still learning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I love it! It's going to be great!

• I dislike it... I'm having trouble

• I really don't like it! I want to go back to Classic! Please!

• I'm not sure... I'm still deciding

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Administrator
119,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to take your temperature, here.

There is no doubt. We had to move. There is no going back, either. There was no choice in other software... We simply did what we had to do. However, I tried my hardest to make it look as user friendly, and as identical to Classic, as I could.
There are many new features, and it will take a long time for us to learn them, together.
However, I think it's going pretty well! I'd like some feedback, and be truthful! :smile:
If you dislike it, very much, let me know what might help you to change your mind, too.
Jen

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Once you get used to it, threads are great!

I love being able to log back onto ifish, and have the posts with new responses be highlighted with the <font color="red"> number in red parenthesis </font> to indicate new comments that have not been read. This way, I don't have to swim through posts I've already looked at! This means more time on the river! :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

SKP :grin:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I think they are awesome. :dance: I have used threads before, so I could not wait for the move

The only things I dislike are; I like on the classic the poll optoin was at the top beside the topic button, and I liked the reply button at the bottom of the page. It's not a big deal :smirk: .....Ross

·
Administrator
119,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...and I adore your dancing uh... banana? ! :applause:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
My only minor gripe so far is that I was not able to go back and edit a post I made in the classifieds, less than three hours after my initial post. Otherwise, I like many of the new features.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I haven't found the spell checker feature yet. :wink:

Cheerio'
Skipper

·
Scallywag
3,410 Posts
Jennie,

I really like Threads! The changeover went well, for the most part. The additional features (new thread updates, picture uploading, user stats & counting, & the 'my home') are all truly big improvements!

The old features that I miss so far include; the old 'ACTIVE' button, not being able to see your sent PM message status (unread by recipient), and the EDIT time is way too short, IMO.

I would have to give you an "A", for "AWESOME" ! :applause: :bowdown:

Thanks for great job! :dance:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Since I am new and have only used the new threads, I couldn't imagine anything better. There is nothing that I can think of that I liked better on the old threads. I could keep going but I will spare you :hoboy:

·
Administrator
119,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To view the poll, you must have voted in it. It should appear magically, after that.
Try it and get back.
Roger. :smile:
Jen

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
You mentioned dropping the post ratings. If that is done, can the last column be widened so that it only takes up one line? One of the minor annoyances I have with the new format is the amount of "dead space" on the page. In some cases, the only reason a thread gets two lines of space is because of the last post column. Other than that, I'm happy as a razor clam.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
HHHHMMMMMM, I go straight to the results and can not find where to vote :shrug:. I was hoping to see that some one else was having this same problem so when you show me how stupid I am being I wouldn't feel so stupid. Just kidding!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I don't like it. But I'm not one for change... I'm sure it will grow on me...

One of the main things that bugs me is how the thread almost always starts at the bottom for me. I know there is another thread complaining of this, but I thought I would mention it as my No. 1 pet peeve so far. This particular thread for instance, it was the first time i've visited it (I swear :grin:) and it started me out right at the bottom. It really gets annoying.

I also didn't like how everything takes more space on my screen. When looking at topics in the "Ifish Community" it seemed like the topics took up more "real estate" on my screen, therefore more scrolling for me.. I was able to fix this under My Home, and choosing a new skin. The skin is overall smaller, so it's fits better. (I'm not a fan of the colors though)

All that said, there are some options that I really like. For instance, the ability to see the new(or added to) threads since I last visited. I'm already dependent on that, if I close IE accidentally I get angry cause now I can't figure what's new and what's not. I also like the ability to customize everything.

Overall, I would rather be on the Classic though :depressed: Don't take this the wrong way, you asked for honesty... I still love the site, and won't be leaving anytime soon.

Congrats on a smooth shift! You did an excellent job! :applause:

--Skahorse

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Tried to vote again. A page came up saying " We cannot proceed....we already have a vote for this poll from this IP address." :shrug:

·
Premium Member
11,041 Posts
Jennie
You did great on this move. Your management of this board is nothing short of superb.
Why don't you run for governor?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I can see that I need to spend more time learning how to glide around Ifish again. That's a challange for me, mr. computer dummy but I post a message and people respond so that's a good start. I'm an old school kind of guy and I was happy with letting the classic just ride the wave but u say u had no choice and I believe you, so I'll adapt/morph the best I can. Here's a question of the most simple, the old classic had threads correct? Why is this new format called threads? I told you I'm a computer dummy? :nerd: :blush:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I think I'm liking it. I'm just worried that by the time I get it figured out it will change again. Plus I liked the little blue smile guy. This guy :grin: is kind of creepy.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I think it's funny that those who

"I dislike it... I'm having trouble"

haven't voted! :laugh:

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
My only complaint so far is when I get to the page that shows all the forums, I have a red and white bobber (I assume its a bobber :redface: ) that comes up when there are new post in a forum since I last visited ifish.

I get the red and white bobber on every forum even though in some of the cases like the sponsors they havnt posted in months :whazzup: :whazzup: :whazzup:

How do I get the bobber to only float in sight when there are new post? :shrug:

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
Nevermind I just figured it out :redface:

I had to go open up each forum included the archives to make the bobber go down out of sight.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts