IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am sorry i must be clueless, i heard that a few fellows fish downtown portland along the east bank on some kind of dock. catwalk prob makes people think i am talking about OR Cty.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Most seem to pitch brass #2 or #3 Colorado blades at the OC catwalk. You might try them downtown. I ran through my whole tacklebox last Friday with no takers. Did see one guy get one with the above mentioned. In the Fall my dad saw a guy catch a Silver on a Blue Fox off the catwalk East of downtown. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
So now you want to do your little dance on the Catwalk!I'm too sexy for your love, too sexy for your love, I can't remember the rest of the song. James I might be headed back to the Wind for the weekend. Interested? :cheers:

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was hoping to hit that place for some lunch hour springer fishing. can someone give me directions to parking to that catwalk on the east side of the Willametter river? also if you have any techniques you would like to share that would be a bonus. i was thinking of trying casting a magwart. thank you!

[ 05-02-2003, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: fishing is life ]

·
Registered
467 Posts
yeah, turn left at the cop shop and then park above the gated area that has a ramp going down. You have to walk down towards the locks and around to get to the cat walks. You can see them as you go across the O.C west linn bridge.. Those cat walks right? Good luck, I plan on coming down after work, over a 1000 fish a day are going over right now..

·
Registered
624 Posts
There are parking lots and street parking just north of the Hawthorne bridge on teh east side. Just follow the "east side esplanade path" north and you will come to a floating esplanade. Or, arrangements with me and I can pick you up for a lunch troll downtown.

·
Administrator
41,383 Posts
No locks in downtown Portland ... ignore that stuff. There's plenty of surface parking on the east side near the foot of the Morrison Bridge. Follow the signs towards OMSI until just before you reach the museum. Barview is correct, you'll need to walk up the Esplanade to get to the floating portion of the walkway. Alternatively, you can try to find parking near the east end of the Burnside Bridge and use the stairway off the bridge to get to the Esplanade.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the help.

Barview, i might have to take you up on that offer soon.

i changed the title so i didnt confuse anymore people.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts