IFish Fishing Forum banner

Hot News........Reopening

3K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  slabhunter 
#1 Ā·
At a joint state hearing today, The following staff recommendations were adopted. Chinook reopens Saturday and sturgeon, above Wauna power lines stays open seven days a week through the end of the year. Note that coho bag limit incrreased to four. Chinook bag limit is one below Bonneville and 2 above Bonneville.

Recommendation for the Mainstem Columbia River Recreational Salmon Fishery
Ā· Allow retention of Chinook salmon in the Columbia River recreational salmon fishery from Buoy 10 upstream to the Hood River Bridge effective 12:01 AM Saturday September 29, 2007.
Ā· Increase the coho retention limit in the area between Buoy 10 and Bonneville Dam to four adult adipose fin-clipped coho per day.

Recommendation ā€“ Modify the 2007 Recreational Sturgeon Fishery Above Wauna
Current Season: Ā· January 1-31: White sturgeon retention allowed Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays only.
Ā· February 1-July 31: White sturgeon retention allowed Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays only.
Ā· August 1-September 30: White sturgeon retention allowed seven-days/week.
Ā· October 1-December 31: White sturgeon retention allowed Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays only.
Staff Recommendation Allow retention of white sturgeon in the above Wauna fishery seven days each week during October 1 through December 31, 2007.
Area:
Mainstem Columbia River from the Wauna powerlines upstream to Bonneville Dam, all adjacent Washington tributaries, and the lower Willamette River upstream to Willamette Falls, including Multnomah Channel.
Other restrictions: Retention of green sturgeon prohibited effective January 1, 2007.

See less See more
#2 Ā·
At a joint state hearing today, The following staff recommendations were adopted. Chinook reopens Saturday and sturgeon, above Wauna power lines stays open seven days a week through the end of the year. Note that coho bag limit incrreased to four. Chinook bag limit is one below Bonneville and 2 above Bonneville.

Recommendation for the Mainstem Columbia River Recreational Salmon Fishery
Ā· Allow retention of Chinook salmon in the Columbia River recreational salmon fishery from Buoy 10 upstream to the Hood River Bridge effective 12:01 AM Saturday September 29, 2007.
Ā· Increase the coho retention limit in the area between Buoy 10 and Bonneville Dam to four adult adipose fin-clipped coho per day.

Recommendation ā€“ Modify the 2007 Recreational Sturgeon Fishery Above Wauna
Current Season: Ā· January 1-31: White sturgeon retention allowed Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays only.
Ā· February 1-July 31: White sturgeon retention allowed Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays only.
Ā· August 1-September 30: White sturgeon retention allowed seven-days/week.
Ā· October 1-December 31: White sturgeon retention allowed Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays only.
Staff Recommendation Allow retention of white sturgeon in the above Wauna fishery seven days each week during October 1 through December 31, 2007.
Area:
Mainstem Columbia River from the Wauna powerlines upstream to Bonneville Dam, all adjacent Washington tributaries, and the lower Willamette River upstream to Willamette Falls, including Multnomah Channel.
Other restrictions: Retention of green sturgeon prohibited effective January 1, 2007.

:bowdown::bigshock::what::Christmas:

#11 Ā·
[FONT=arial,helvetica]ALLOWABLE SALES:Salmon and white sturgeon. A maximum of 10 white sturgeon may be possessed or sold by each participating vessel during each calendar week (Sunday through Saturday) that the fishery is open. Limit applies to mainstem only. The weekly white sturgeon limit in Select Areas remains at 5 white sturgeon for each participating vessel during each calendar week (Sunday through Saturday). Green sturgeon retention prohibited.[/FONT]

LOOK FOLKS!!!!!!!!

10 a WEEK for COMMERICALS

5 a YEAR for YOU
BETTER GET TO THE CCA MEETINGS!!!!

#12 Ā·
Gillnetter have sifted out most of the run and will have another chance tonight to get whats left. Oh and by the way, here's your crumbs morons, because the DFW knows that you can't ban together to stop gillnetters. If you don't feel used, then continue doing what you have always done.

If you feel totally violated, join the CCA and ban together to stop this nonsense.

#16 Ā·
This is killing me...I couldn't fish the last weekend before it closed, and I leave town tomorrow when it opens...and will still be out of town next weekend. My timing is impeccable. Ah well, might as well head to the coast and fish in the rain this morning!

#22 Ā·
Heck with the remnant chinook; let's figure out the silvers.

My uncle from Kansas is flying in to do some fishing.
Now it's my time to return the favor to my mentors. Prawn spinners, Warts/Wigglers, wraped flatfish/kwikfish, and injected herring will be used.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.