IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess the weather was pretty hot too but I really didn't notice 'cause the fishing was off the hook! I took my Grandpa and my daughter out this afternoon for some nookie action and we were blessed. We got anchored up in my spot about 1pm and put both the rods out. I turned around to start putting the top up and glanced back to see Grandpa's rod doing the dance. I shouted FISH, FISH! He grabbed it and FISH ON! I reached for my rod to reel it in and it slammed down too :shocked: . It was pinned in the holder but when I got it out I felt one head shake and it was gone. Meanwhile, Grandpa reels in a nice tule. We let it go and put the rods back out. 2 rods in the water for 1 min. and 2 fish on...not a bad start :wink: . About 3 min. goes by and Grandpa's rod goes down again. He was premature on this one and no fish was the result. Put the rod back out and I explaned about waiting for the rod to really go down before grabbing it. Right when I was done, as if on cue, his rod stood up....flutter, flutter...wait..tap...wait...tap, tap....wait....yank, SLAAAAAMMM...NOW!! Fish on!! Got this one to the boat and his first fish in the box :dance: . Nice one Gramps..

Well, the rest of the short day went like that. I won't bore you with all the details but the final tally was 13 take downs, 8 fish on, 6 to the boat, 2 limits and 2 tules released. Oh, and the other tule we released was HUGE. She was 40+ for sure. I almost kept her for the eggs and braggin rights but I just couldn't let all that meat go to waste. Just my deal, I'm not judging anyone else that keeps fish just for eggs. Anyway, great day on the river and we definately were in "the slot" today. Here are a couple more bad dead fish pics. Take care all and go get 'em :cool: .

And I finally get some nookie...

Here are some details for ya. 54' of water, 6 1/2' dropper, 5' leader, green/chart/red Brad's, and the magic sent?.....starts with a W and ends with a D40. If you figure it out don't tell anyone :laugh: .

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Great Job, Rimshot. It looks Like you are doing everything right.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah, I met Pete at the take out. Great to meet you Pete. You are the first Ifisher I have met in person. I also saw ****** out there(recognize the blue Willy from pics). I waved as I went by but doubt you saw it, we were a ways away. Even if you did I'm sure you were thinking who is that idiot and why is he waving at me :shrug: . Anyway, good to see some Ifishers out there today. Hope you all rocked 'em.

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
Wow, Rimshot, what a great post.
With all that action you must be tired from having to stand all that time - doesn't sound like there was a moment's rest. :dance:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Way to go! Sounds like great fun. I can't wait for the weekend so I can be out there.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
A great story and some nice fish

Thanks for sharing your day with us and good thing you helped Gramps find a cure for his Yardskins Disease! :shocked: :wink: :grin:

:cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts