IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for suggestions to replace my aging Tru Fire release (not sure on the model, 2008). Specifically it would need to be a hook/index release, because that’s what I’m currently familiar with.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I have been hunting with this since it was introduced and it’s been an excellent release.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
B3 Hawk for me. But, it depends on how you shoot. Do you punch or command your shot? If so, maybe a light trigger release is for you? Something like the Spot Hogg Wiseguy. Or, do you like to wrap your finger around the trigger and use back tension to pull through with a "surprise" release?

I prefer the B3 based on: 1) Price; not too expensive compared to others, but not cheaply made at the price-point 2) I can adjust the travel of the trigger 3) I can put in the heavier trigger in the head to use back tension to activate without fear of it going off when I wrap my finger around it 4) I like the length of the head in comparison to the where the trigger is located.

Others that I've shot in the past that were quality index style are Carter Quickie 1+ and the Like Mike (heavier triggers) and the Spot Hogg Wiseguy (hair trigger).

·
Registered
293 Posts
Carter like mike 2. Best there is IMO. I’ve shot most of them available. Wise guy for me wouldn’t make the top 5 on my list.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
tru ball xecution; dbl sear with ind adjustments
spot hogg is an over center mechanism, pass
carter like mike has no travel adj.; pass
don't buy any single sear release

·
Registered
293 Posts
Like mike 2 has a tension adjustment, why would you want travel in an index trigger?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Releases don't go off unless parts move. I'm not going to rely on Forests machining skills to determine the amount of sear movement.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yeah, I know how a sear works…. Why would I put an indicator on my trigger? I shoot two different Stan releases as well as the carter. None have creep and I wouldn’t want any. I don’t need an indicator, I know exactly how they shoot. We are worlds apart on this, like I said you’re entitled to your opinion, I was just curious why you like creep in a trigger, If you were fighting target panic and you liked it for a range purposes I could wrap my head around that, in the woods, it makes zero sense.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts