IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have tied up some leaders with double hooks and I want to rig up some hoochie squids. I slid one on and it seemed to bury on the top hook. I thought about a small egg sinker in the head, but this would seem to take away some of the action. What do I need to place on my leader before sliding the hoochie mama on?

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Not sure about special rigging that might be used in the rivers...but on the ocean I just use a hoochie with a single hook and a small chunk of bait (herring) on the hook. Works like a charm, but then the ocean fish are feeders, so may be different than what you'll find in the rivers.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This would be a salt application. I thought most used a double hook set up, but who am I to argue with blood in the boat? :grin:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
A bullet-shaped, rubber gum pucky is what the commercial guys use. You can often find them on the shelf right next to the hootchies.
You can get away with a large plastic bead or medium corkie.
Don't use lead or anything heavy; they'll screw up the lure's action.

Mike

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replys. Mike the corkie idea worked out perfect. :cheers:

Joe

[ 09-14-2003, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Birdnest ]

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
Shoot, we don't use a darn thing, just a two hook rig and the hootchie. We catch lots of fish on that. Just slide the thing on, hook it to a hot spot flasher, and get to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts