IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received this e mail. I thought it was awesome of Charlton Charters! :smile:

Because of illness in the family, I am remiss in sending this to ifish. Two years ago, I took my 80
year old father and my 13 yr old grandson on a day trip with Mark and his son. We came all the way from Wyoming. It was such an enjoyable day. We fished and everyone on the boat got their limit. We had very minimal problems with tangled lines, and all the things that could go wrong. It could not have been a much better day!

At least it was until about 1/2 hour after we had left the boat. I discovered that most of my cash was missing. I backtracked everywhere, wasting about two hours. Of course, by the time that I thought of having Mark search the boat to see if I had dropped it there, they had gone home.
Fortunately, I had his cell number. I called Mark and explained that I thought I had lost a large amount of money.

Mark immediately told me that he had tried to reach me at my voice mail at home, but since I did not have voice mail, he thought he was just going to have to wait to reach me until I returned to Wyoming.

Mark and his son are two of the most exemplary people that I know!! What had actually occurred was as follows:

We got off the boat, collected our stuff, loaded up and right before we were going to leave, I wanted to give them a tip. I had the tip in one hand and the balance of my cash in the other. I mistakenly kept the bills that I had intended as a tip and gave the balance of cash to Mark's son. This could have been a disaster for me, but Mark's son immediately asked his dad if he thought I meant to give him such a large tip.

When I called, Mark could have just claimed no knowledge of this and I would have been out the money. Instead, he made arrangements to return the money immediately.

These are truly two great citizens of Oregon, and I am proud to recommend them to everyone that I know that are traveling to that area. I had hoped to go again this year, but I will just have to settle for next year. You can bet that I will again be on Mark's charter!!

Please pass the word on to anyone who might be interested

Thank you so much

Jan K

·
Registered
627 Posts
I also took a friends son on a charter with the Charlton group and had the best time and it was very informational also..Thumbs up to Charlton Charters...... :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
11,041 Posts
I have been privileged to meet both of these fine folks. They are a credit to our community as well as typical of the excellence of many of the professionals who manage our local charter industry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts