IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HogHunter's B\'day Hog (Chrome Pix)

Well, the day started off early but the fishing didn't.

Had the pleasure of spending my B'day fishing with 2 very good friends today. Howard (aka: The Saltwater Cowboy) & Wally.

The morning got off to a inauspicious start. I know, I know... what's a Kentuckian using such a fancy word for :whazzup: . It happens to mean "adverse circumstances" to those of us that only made it to 6th grade.

OK, enough for the grammer lesson. We got to the Girabaldi Marina right as the sun came up and we were heading to the N. Jetty. The weather was awesome. Flat as a pancake when all of a sudden Howards motor alarm starts beeping like a 18 wheeler in reverse :shrug: .

Oh well, time to head back to the marina after a call to the Greg's Marine in Garibaldi. Fortunately, us doughballers figured it out after a little tutoring from the people at Gregs. The Fuel/Water seperator had more of the H2O in it than it was prescribed. After a short while we were back on the water by 9:45.

From there we see the armada at the Coast Guard Station and decided to wet a line there first since the tide was about half over. Nothing doing. We then decide to pick up and move on the advice of "Team Bagley." We went over to that zipperlip spot over there where the floating porta potty armada was.

5 minutes in the water after juicing down the bait with CDP... Wammo... Hog Hunter scores his B'day Hog. Fished a few more hours at the N.Jetty and did nothing & saw nothing...

The weather was like unbelievable. I was in my T-Shirt most of the day... Isn't this late October and not Early June :shrug:

Had to leave by 12:30 to help the Saltwater Cowboy clean the cabin before he goes to Hawaii this week. Here is the verification and one happy Hog Hunter.

23# B'day Hog for the Hog Hunter

Another view of this narlly buck.

I just want to throw a shout out to Howard & Wally, I really appreciate the opportunity to hang with you guys today and appreciate you putting up with me. Despite the tough going early in the day, you guys made it a great day and I learned allot regarding water seperators today. Considering I have the same motor on my boat I am a lot wiser today then I was yesterday.
Thanks again and I look very forward to sharing some water with each of you again very soon.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Re: HogHunter's B\'day Hog (Chrome Pix)

Congrats and happy b-day KHH...Dude , you OWN the ghost-hole !!! I've never done any good there and here you are making it look easy !! All the best , swampy.

·
Registered
255 Posts

Congradulations KHH. Nice b-day present. What a great day to be out there today.

·
Registered
69 Posts

YEA good job some of us had to work on their birthday. Mine was Monday and yes I had to work. But I do get to fish on Sunday see you there. In our secret bobber spot.
Bobber down dude
JW

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

The ocean is looking better...

May be the last chance to go out there on these good tides this weekend.

Steve & I are committed and I spoke with Randy this morning so it looks as if we may get that shiney new boat out again.

I am in Boise till tomorrow afternoon. I will call you.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

:cheers: :dance:
:grin:
:bowdown:
SKP

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

James,

I left Kentucky in 1982 and have lived in Oregon since 1992.

I send my reports home to my friends and they think I am pretty much fishing nuts.

Always have loved this game and will never be able to get it out of my system.

I am a very fortunate individual to have learned the NW fishing Game from allot of good people. I owe all the credit to so many. When I moved here I joined the NW Steelheaders and things rolled up from there.

I consider the NW my home since I have lived here longer than any place else in my life but Florida and the 3.5 years I spent there is close. The Florida fishing thing is very addictive as well.

The noodling thing was done when I lived in Texas. I think you are referring to those maniacs that put their arms in the water hole and reef out a 50 to 100# cat fish. Never did it but saw many shows about it. I was always leary of shallow water in Texas... too many copper headed rattle moccasons :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

Good job Terry!!! You know it was the company you kept that got you that fish.Those guys are lucky charms, they got me into my first URB last year.
Look up "pair of characters" in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of Howard and Wally.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts

KHH, I have been enjoying your posts. It is nice to see a Kentuckian can come up here and adapt so well. Did you ever do that noodling thing back home? Congrats on a sweet day of fishing on your B-day. :cheers: :dance:

·
Registered
683 Posts

Way to go Terry you even did it with "NO FISH HOWARD" Makesure you tell Cut plug you used a spinner, he still says Spinners don't work. Sounds like you had a great BD Howard and Wally are fun to fish with. And drain those water filters everytime you go out.
Have a great day look forward to fishing together again.
highhopes
Bruce

1 - 14 of 14 Posts