IFish Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Would you leave $300 on your tailgate and expect it to be there in the morning?

sucks about the hit and run, but highly doubtful anything will be done about it. Ya know,Covid and all 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Would you leave $300 on your tailgate and expect it to be there in the morning?

sucks about the hit and run, but highly doubtful anything will be done about it. Ya know,Covid and all 🤦‍♂️
Yeah, maybe the wind blew the $300 there, it sure as hell did not blow a hitch there. Dirtbags are dirtbags period! If you steal other people's property, you are a dirtbag!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah, maybe the wind blew the $300 there, it sure as hell did not blow a hitch there. Dirtbags are dirtbags period! If you steal other people's property, you are a dirtbag!
Could not agree more! The dirtbag to not ratio continues to skew daily. Protect your chickens appropriately.

·
Registered
38,798 Posts
It's not the Police who are at fault. It's the DA and lack of jail space. Support for the police at the top, fixes the problems at the bottom.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
It's like the San Francisco prosecutor, he won't prosecute anyone stealing less than a grand. So smash and grabs are commonplace. No penalty for the perp even if arrested. Charges are dropped. Some people have figured out they can make a fairly comfortable living stealing and selling stuff. With no negative consequences, it might as well be legal.
OH , but if you put your rod in before tagging, OR have a barb on a circle hook with a salmon on board ..(like that has ever saved a salmon), or you have a 24 foot LL dropper…..or…..

Something is really screwed up ……

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
It's not the Police who are at fault. It's the DA and lack of jail space. Support for the police at the top, fixes the problems at the bottom.
I'm sorry, but it is the police and their policies that are at fault. I got my f-350 keyed in the WalMart parking lot here in Bend. Police would not come. Police would not look at Walmart cameras. $2500 in damage. Police told me unless it's $10,000 or more just fill out an online form and turn it into your insurance company. How can the DA do anything if the police won't investigate and charge someone. I do support the police. I support good police and ones who do their job.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Twice this week there has been a semi trailer loading up from the grow (light dep) next to us…. but when the DA’s tried to get the State legislature to increase the penalties , thus giving them more enforcement and deterrents , them were unwilling…..currently it’s a class C felony….big freaking deal…. I would like to talk with my new neighbors but they don’t speak English.

YET… if I remember correctly,…during the last years section of the state’s legislation, there were 1400 items….1100 of which were revenue related….increase fee and taxes.

But you better not get caught with drifting into the Stonewall banks YE sanctuary, or miscount and have 16 razor clams…..

arg! I think I will just sit here with my mr. potato head and read my dr. Seuss books…..oh, I can’t now,….May as well go help my neighbors load their truck.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Twice this week there has been a semi trailer loading up from the grow (light dep) next to us…. but when the DA’s tried to get the State legislature to increase the penalties , thus giving them more enforcement and deterrents , them were unwilling…..currently it’s a class C felony….big freaking deal…. I would like to talk with my new neighbors but they don’t speak English.

YET… if I remember correctly,…during the last years section of the state’s legislation, there were 1400 items….1100 of which were revenue related….increase fee and taxes.

But you better not get caught with drifting into the Stonewall banks YE sanctuary, or miscount and have 16 razor clams…..

arg! I think I will just sit here with my mr. potato head and read my dr. Seuss books…..oh, I can’t now,….May as well go help my neighbors load their truck.
Yep. It's a wacky world, and Orygun is in the center.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
1 to 3 top states to move to. Wow what a wonderful world we live in.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I got hit run by obviously drunk driver in Portland in the late 90's. Chased down the driver. Apprehended him and called police. When they finally got to the scene they ran his ID. then they let the drunk driver leave. No ticket. Nothing. They informed me this guy was a known drunk around town. Suspended license. Been arrested many times just get released from jail to re-offend. So now they just let him walk Scott free.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
they would not follow up regarding my damaged car because it was an inexpensive Volkswagen Beatle. They told me if it was a more valuable car like a BMW Mercedes etc they would do something.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Since this thread has wandered down a new path, I ask for some more thought on the new subject...

How do you propose a property crime (theft) be dealt with, from one end all the way to the other? Take your time to think it through, and then come up with a feasible method that will handle it your way, while not costing more money. Something would have to give, so choose. How will those affected by that choice react?
Keep in mind court time, detective time, etc. Can you make it work? Millions of people would love it if it could! I know I would...

·
Registered
887 Posts
It amazes me how many are quick to judge based on emotions not facts.
Police don't enact laws, they enforce it if it's feasible that's within the resources they have. Let alone those who are calling to defund them....God help us

·
Registered
887 Posts
And not to leave you hanging, hit and run it's a class A misdemeanor. The only situation that will escalate to engaging additional resources is when a human or a pet are involved in the hit and run.
I know I'm not helping any

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too witnessed a hit at run at Newport this weekend. Tried to stop the driver but they were un aware and I could see why. Minor damage but still a chunk of change to get it fixed. Got the plate and left a note on the victim’s vehicle. Some on here bash the cops and blame them. When was the last time you drove through Newport at 4-6 am and saw a cop, let alone in the afternoon leaving the ramp and going home? There is a reason most cops will not respond or can’t because they are short on staff and have bigger problems to deal with. Cops want to catch the bad guys, period, I know! Cops are hamstringed by the people they work for and often times pay the price for doing what is right.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I too witnessed a hit at run at Newport this weekend. Tried to stop the driver but they were un aware and I could see why. Minor damage but still a chunk of change to get it fixed. Got the plate and left a note on the victim’s vehicle. Some on here bash the cops and blame them. When was the last time you drove through Newport at 4-6 am and saw a cop, let alone in the afternoon leaving the ramp and going home? There is a reason most cops will not respond or can’t because they are short on staff and have bigger problems to deal with. Cops want to catch the bad guys, period, I know! Cops are hamstringed by the people they work for and often times pay the price for doing what is right.
When was the last time you went to Newport for the weekend and didn’t hear sirens?

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
Pretty much proves my point. If you hear sirens do you think the cops are going to respond to a stolen hitch?
Here, there, and pretty much everywhere property damage and theft is the very lowest rung on the police's response ladder. It's been that way for a VERY long time.
As far as reforming the police, we don't need a detective responding to a damaged trailer fender. Having more lesser trained personnel to respond to these issues would be more cost effective.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Pretty much proves my point. If you hear sirens do you think the cops are going to respond to a stolen hitch?
They sure has hell should, I was standing in the station talking with them, they didn’t come to me, I went to them and handed over the video….and never heard one siren. If there was a siren it was probably because some kids were throwing a ball during covid season.
It took 3 weeks before my kids got it back…..they had plenty of time.

Well….I know we have to keep the doughnut shops in business, and that’s real important….but come on…..not saying they are all worthless, but that one is.

I called and talked directly to (can’t remember his name) with every bit of new info (3 or 4 times)…..he promised the moon and delivered dog poop.

In all honesty, it wasn’t the hitch that made me as angry, as the guy, 9 in the morning , had the balls to do it….and he will steal some one else’s stuff. He didn’t even get called on it, the next people maybe a elderly couple, or your daughter…..and he will do it again.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts