IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just witnessed and reported to Newport PD. White truck new gmc or Chevy crew dually without bed hit a parked trailer and pushed it into a parked truck. He drove away rapidly. White truck is perp. Plate is from the trailer. If anyone can I.d. please call newport pd

Attachments

·
King Lingcod
49,702 Posts
Good job. I don't believe they don't have security cameras for this stuff.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Like the Npt police will do anything….when my 350$ hitch was stole…I turned in the parking lot video and they did nothing…… my grandson put it on FB and we found out who it was, I told the useless public servants in blue, they did nothing, finally my grandson went to there house and got it back.

I called to thank them, and said the only thing left is punishment, and. we will do that also and they said if I did I would be arrested…..

Defund them….now I get it….

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Like the Npt police will do anything….when my 350$ hitch was stole…I turned in the parking lot video and they did nothing…… my grandson put it on FB and we found out who it was, I told the useless public servants in blue, they did nothing, finally my grandson went to there house and got it back.

I called to thank them, and said the only thing left is punishment, and. we will do that also and they said if I did I would be arrested…..

Defund them….now I get it….
I’m assuming the hitch was unsecured?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
It is a very sad state of affairs when law enforcement (we help pay for) can't find the time or resources to deal with some of these situations. It wouldn't take alot of effort to make a difference.

Going through Philomath a week or so ago on a Saturday I couldn't count the number of law enforcement presence helping with traffic control during the parade through town.

·
Registered
7,882 Posts
I’m assuming the hitch was unsecured?
How would that make a difference, it was stolen! Locks are to keep the honest honest and make thieves work a little harder.
I would have taken a photo of the person who took the hitch and then pay to put their photo in the local paper telling the story also noting NPD would not followup.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
why would the hitch being unsecured have one thing to do with the theft? Total bs we shouldn't have to lockup everything we own. Is it OK to take the trailer if there is no lock on the hitch?
Sorry for the slam but geeze
I still lock my trailer on the hitch. AND my hitch to my Rig.
In this day and age I trust NO ONE!
Sorry for the slam..... but geeeeeeze 😉

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
I agree you shouldn't have to lock anything and as of now I don't but that doesn't mean I trust everyone. My grandson went to the trampoline place in Eugene yesterday for his BD party. Just before they loaded the kids they had loaded all of his presents, the car was unlocked keys in it. They went inside to get the kids and the car was stolen. Horrible way to end a BD party. The police were notified and they took a report.
Durning the parade in Philomath is the only time you will see the police. Cars go through town at 50 MPH and never a cop, kids diving for cover.
But with Oregon over populating and Tom McCall gone what are we to do.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
I still lock my trailer on the hitch. AND my hitch to my Rig.
In this day and age I trust NO ONE!
Sorry for the slam..... but geeeeeeze 😉
Hahaha!
it's Not a matter of locking your stuff up and trying to make it someone's fault because they didn't lock it up. It's bs we have accept that. And it's BS making it sound like it's somebody else's fault because they didn't lock there belongings up... maybe in your world it's OK but not in mine. 😉

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
No were did I state its someone else's fault.
But I did state its part MY fault if I don't lock my stuff up in this present day.
The post you refer to "Assumed"....and you know the old saying 😉

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
No locking pin. …. I never thought I should have too….I was wrong again.
I should at least cover the thing with pinion grease….

It was at Pig and Pancake, the manager even gave me video of the kid and uncles inside eating next to us.
My DA sister in law said if it’s under 500 dollars they probably viewed it differently…not sure what that’s about…

He will just do it again.

·
Premium Member
18,468 Posts
No locking pin. …. I never thought I should have too….I was wrong again.
I should at least cover the thing with pinion grease….

It was at Pig and Pancake, the manager even gave me video of the kid and uncles inside eating next to us.
My DA sister in law said if it’s under 500 dollars they probably viewed it differently…not sure what that’s about…

He will just do it again.
It's like the San Francisco prosecutor, he won't prosecute anyone stealing less than a grand. So smash and grabs are commonplace. No penalty for the perp even if arrested. Charges are dropped. Some people have figured out they can make a fairly comfortable living stealing and selling stuff. With no negative consequences, it might as well be legal.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I used to buy locking pins. After paying $50 to have the fifth one cut off because I needed to switch receivers and didn't have any tools I switched to the clip style and never looked back. That said I don't want it need $300 hitches.

·
Premium Member
18,468 Posts
DGB: Laws are nothing more than a piece of paper and without enforcement there is no law.
Yep, and the Broken Window theory has been proven. Focus police on minor crimes and major crimes slow too. NYC experience. Of course, that doesn't work with a defunded police department.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts