IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,,
I always read these threads,,this time of year fish above Meglar Bridge,,I would like 2 know,,
Where do the Sturgeon,,spend the winter ????
Iam guessing they are up river,,but where ??
I have caught one in salt-water,, I was on the Columbia Light-Ship,,always had poles out,,put one on bottom,,200 feet,,&,,wal-la,,a 5 footer,,

so anyone have Knowledge of there TRAVELS ????

Thanx,,Donald :shrug:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Where is STGrule..........help us please,, we are all curious,, :grin:

Scott

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Didn''t the guy''s that won the ifish sturgeon derby this year,, (which was in the winter),,k win it by fishing down by Astoria when everyone else fished local to Portland area..??

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hum. Talked to a person that lives in Warrenton 2 weeks ago, he says he gets them every month of the year down there. Even some springers to...Roger

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
fish_rat,
I did a little research awhile back and dug up this article, I remembered it because it talked about where the fish are in the lower river system at different times of year, seemed to be mostly based on food supply, if I remember correctly...

Columbia River Sturgeon

[ 05-15-2003, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: digifish ]

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
I think they spend the winter down in Miami. It's so sad though, cuz the kids never seem to call. :hoboy:

[ 05-15-2003, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: greenbuttskunk ]

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Sorry Donald, don't have a clue where the sturgeon go for the winter (and I wonder why you would ask that question at the start of summer)but more importantly, you need to send your keyboard back and have it replaced with a single comma button instead of that dreaded double comma button.... :grin:

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Gee, that was helpful,, KT,,

I'll ask Bill when he gets home,, Donald... He'll know something,, I'm sure.

,, :smile: ,,

I kinda like this double comma thing,, :smile:

Jen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts