IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I went to Lowes today around noon to get a wand for my power washer. When I went to pay for it, there was a very long line about 9 deep. From the look on the faces I could tell they had been there awhile. One of the people in line went over to customer service counter to ask for more checkers the lady looked at him and said she was busy. “I bet they are not to busy at Home Depot” I said. “I don’t care they are right next door” the checker replied. So I left and went to Home Depot. They had 3 checkers working and no line. I will no longer shop at Lowes. It seems that they would want to try harder considering the competition is right next door.

Larry Smith

· Registered
5,917 Posts
I just had the same issue on sunday...I was in line forever and the service was not to good...But I really have never had a problem till then:shrug:

· Registered
3,551 Posts
More than likely that particular store. Might have been more helpful to alert the store manager to the problems before leaving. Maybe not, who knows when people act that way. Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience trying to give a business your patronage. That never fails to try a person's patience! :crazy:
No problems in Mac so far at least! :)

On a side note, as a friendly reminder before a mod jumps in, you may want to check the AUP http://www.ifish.net/ubbagree1.html on
posting complaints and adjust yours accordingly. Hope that helps! :wave:

· Registered
7,374 Posts
On a side note, as a friendly reminder before a mod jumps in, you may want to check the AUP http://www.ifish.net/ubbagree1.html on
posting complaints and adjust yours accordingly.

I was just going to add this. In a nutshell, if you are going to publicly complain about a business, you must sign your full, real name to the post.

--spud--:)

· Registered
6,405 Posts
They are trying to get you to use the self check out counters. The new one in Keizer has one counter with a clerk and tries to make everyone use the self check ones. Lame! :frown:

when you have just a couple of items it is faster to self check. now self medicating is another story:passout::grin::bigshock:

· Registered
981 Posts
I used to work in customer service and when things are as bad as described at lowes I think talking to the manager would not do a whole lot, if the employees are not willing to go the extra mile to please the customer, you have to kind of look at the leader of the crew at the time, does he/she really care? if they did they would have been down there on the registers, calling extra people to register, I have a bad attitude most of the time ....lol... so when stuff like that goes down it is hard to not kind of make a scene ....my wife loves it when I do that......lol.... she loves it so much she yells at me and goes to the car.....and even though I am not complaining about one place in general I am complaining about stores, NOT all, some are wonderful but, here is my name.
Jeremy Serini

· Registered
996 Posts
My name is Andrew Lewis and Lowes likes my money but not me...

I also have had a lot of difficulties at the Lowes on south 82nd. Ave. We are in the middle of a sizable remodel and I need a lot of stuff. The customer service is horrible at best. The problem is that in my opinion Lowes has a better selection of products over Home Depot. Home Depot seems to really want to help out the home owner on projects, Lowes doesn't.

I spoke to the location manager a few weeks back about an on going issue with customer support, especially in the morning hours and he seems genuinely less than concerned. When I told him my money would be heading up the street to Home Depot, he could care less.

Bad Lowes... You need a good spankin'

· Registered
962 Posts
I was at the tigard lowes 2 summers ago getting wood to build a deck. While outside waiting for the forklift to drop our beams, we were parked next to a lady getting a pretty big pallet of bricks. This tool that worked at lowes pulled up on his forklift with her bricks, set the pallet on the rear side of her wheel wells but just enough to smash one of the wheelwells. Next he pulls the pallet back a foot or so and drops it again. This time it broke both the cables on the bed door and while that happened, the bed door went so far down that it put a huge crease through the door and ruined the bumper.
Needless to say, we ended up loading our stuff by hand. hmm..

· Registered
14,726 Posts
Parr lumber makes me happy.

So does local hardware store.

· Registered
3,058 Posts
You can always call the company headquarters.

Telling the parent company what's going on does work when you are organized and spell out the facts without sounding like a rant.

In the past, with other companies, I have emailed/snail mailed the corporate offices my issues noting the issue, time, date, receipt number, and proximity to their competitor. All three times, I have received either a call or letter from them within a couple days. Each time the issue was resolve with a reasonable compensation.

I think the key is stepping back and informing them in a simple, organized manner. With the Lowes in question at the start of this thread, I beleive it is very relavent that they share a parking lot with a major competitor.

· Registered
4,953 Posts
It's not just Lowes.....last fall my wife had found a new patio set she wanted, it was online on the Home Depoe web site.

I said, lets go and see if they have local, and we can get today...maybe. Off to Home Depoe we go.

We go to customer service and my wife shows the lady a print out of the set, and asks her if they have in stock at this store, the lady says I doubt it. Then I asked, well can you look ? She looks, and says nope, don't have it. She says the online stuff is different than what we stock in the stores, have a nice day.

We look around and it's not on display on the floor, but stacked way up high I can see the the boxes and the picture of the set on the boxes. Its in 4 boxes, 2 chairs per box, and the table.

We go back over to customer service, I say I think I found the set, its stacked in boxes against the wall, the lady walks over and looks with us.

I point it out , and say can we get it down ? The lady says just because there is a picture of the pieces of the set you want on the box, it does not mean thats whats the box. I ask well can we still get it down ? Her reply....was, I guess with a eye roll.

We had 4 store employees over there looking up at boxes, scratching their heads, I asked is there a problem here that I don't know about ? I have been in your store for almost 45 minutes, pointing out what I want to buy, and know seems to want to sell it.

Then a male employee says, ya know were going to have to move ALL of this stuff to get the fork lift in to get it down. I said, yep sure looks that way unless you want to stand on my shoulders,,,,,

So the set comes down, we rip a box open, yep, its the set we want, I say we'll take it.

Over to the customer service check out we go, the lady opens her book up that shows the set and starts scaning the skews (sp) out of the book. She says all right, that will be $$$$. Well, I do my math in my head, and thats off by about $$$ I figuer out the problem, by ring it up off the scews in the book she is charging us for 4 boxes, there is 2 chairs in each box and one box has the table, so she is not charging us for 3 of the chairs as there is 2 per box. I point out the mistake, the ladys says no thats right, thats how it rings up. I say well its not right, your not charging us for all the chairs, the lady get snotty, says if you want the set its $$$$ OKAY !?!?

I say well all right but you not charging us for all the chairs, she says yes we are.....I wheel the stuff out, get half of the load in my truck and leave for home. I'm back in 40 minutes or so to pick up the remaining boxes. I smile at the lady, get my boxes and went home. Its a nice set, but I could not argue any more, I guess it was on sale :wink::hoboy:

Ken Bolstad

· Registered
9,675 Posts
I point out the mistake, the ladys says no thats right, thats how it rings up. I say well its not right, your not charging us for all the chairs, the lady get snotty, says if you want the set its $$$$ OKAY !?!?
Ya gotsta know when to just shut up and smile.:wink:

You might send a link to this discussion or other comments to Lowes company headquarters .

· Registered
1,502 Posts
Rodaction your story made me laugh. I stopped in at our local big box to buy some sawzall blades for cutting metal, the price was supposed to be $5.75 per blade, I was buying ten in the pack, the teller rings it up for a total of $5.75, I explain the mistake, she shrugs and says "looks like your lucky day, please press the green button" :shrug:

· Registered
4,953 Posts
They are trying to get you to use the self check out counters. The new one in Keizer has one counter with a clerk and tries to make everyone use the self check ones. Lame! :frown:
Getting of topic but,

I went to the N. Salem Home Depoe a few weeks ago to get a little torch kit, the one that comes with the porpane cylinder, brass torch valve, sodder, and flux.

I go thru the self check out, and scan my item.....well the container is clear, and the scanner, scanned the flux or the sodder thru the clear plastic instead of the skew on the container itself for a total of $2.19 or something like that.....it should have been $19.99.....my buddy says nice !

So, I go try to find help and after a few minutes the lady figuered out what happened. So she corrected the mistake. :smirk:....I wonder how fail safe that system is.

· Registered
1,525 Posts
I can't even tell you the number of full carts I've left in stores when the lines are more than 20 minutes long. Home Base was notorious for having one or two cashiers on duty during a big weekend. Home Depot and Lowes seem to be a bit better, but my tolerance for long lines is pretty limited. If the line is more than 7 or 8 people deep, I'm out of there. I figure I have better things to do.

-LOL

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.