IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Live in that area, so it's close for fishing. If I drop my line in, what can I expect to catch? and what should I be using to catch them?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Bobber and eggs, bobber stop about 18' w\3' leader and a 3\0 stinger hook below the eggs. Fisherman's marine will show you how to rig it up.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Fast Action, my humble thanks to you for the info! :bowdown: I live within walking distance from High Rocks and I always wanted to try bobberin' that deep hole for Speingers! Now,if the fish will just cooperate.. :shrug: Good luck to you!

·
Registered
532 Posts
you could expect to catch a nice steelhead, summer or winter run, you might also catch a salmon, pike minnow, squaw fish, sucker or a carp-
good luck-- I've been fishing below high rocks and havn't caught anything.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Snowball,

What are you using? (I want to stay away from it) LOL!

I haven't tried yet, but my pole has started staying in my car and that is right on the way home!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hye Fast Action how much and what kind of weight are you using at High rocks? I think I'd use an egg sinker. Think that's the right thing to use up there? Thanks in advance for any info you're willing tp part with! :bowdown:

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
use one of those big orage or green looking bobbers with either a 1-1.5 oz egg sinker underneath or clip on a 1.5 cannon ball to at snap swivel. You can also drift 1.5oz slinkys too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts