IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this weekend me and some buddies went to the high lakes. We fish Lava, Crane, and Twin Lakes. For 3 full days of fishing we were skunked! Another group we went up there with landed 5 fish including a 20 and an 18 incher at crane along with a few smaller rainbows and brookies. The weather was less than ideal. The only precipitaion we got was snow and man was it windy. We drove by elk lake and it was partly frozen over. Nobody seemed to have any consistant luck. Talked to one guy who said it was the first weekend in 25 years he had been skunked up there. Another guy had no bites for three day fishing at Lava. The weather seems to be warming this week so hopefully it warms up the fishing to. Wish I had a better report for you guys sorry! Good Luck

-blake

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PELICAN II
I didnt get out to any of thoes lakes this weekend but have in the past. I had some friends that went up to Paulina this weekend just for some camping, and after the first night they said the lake was partly frozen over so they got out of dodge and went down a few thousand feet in elevation in hopes of finding some better weather. A guy who works at a lodge in Cultus Lake said that Saturday was the worst day in the past 7 weeks since he arrived there. It was a fun weekend none the less.

-Blake

[ 05-19-2003, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: drakeblake ]

·
Registered
135 Posts
went camping at suttle lake saturday after i got off of work, have to say the record low temp, and the vertical snow was interesting. the fishing for kokes was good however on sunday. friend of mine caught one on every pass on a log in the water on the southeast side of the lake. me i got the skunk :shrug:

·
Registered
31 Posts
wambam, I can't remember the name of that little lake right across the highway, but I do remember that it was really good ice fishing. How is it now? Only fished Suttle twice did great the first time and couldn't buy a strike the second time. I understand Jimmy Lewis landed a 10lb Brown on Paulina friday evening. Seen the photo nice trout.

[ 05-19-2003, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: PELICAN II ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts