IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaving Monday for Sunriver. Have never really fished East Lake. I want to troll during day and flyfish evenings. Any tips? Rapalas? What size? How deep? What flies will be productive in the evenings?
Thanks

Registered
I am not a fly fisherman,but I would fly fish during the day for Rainbows and Atlantic Salmon and troll rapala's for Brown Trout during the evenings.I have had the best luck on perch and rainbow rapala's in size 9 &11.Try trolling in front of the cabins in about 20 feet of water the first half hour and the last half hour of the day.I have seen a lot of fly fisherman target the hot springs area.Good luck.

Jimmy

Registered
Don't forget about the forrest fires over there. My neighbor was over @ sunriver over the holiday weekend and said they could see the fires from where they were. I mean flames, not just smoke.

You may want to find out the situation before you head over. The fire is at Davis Lake area.

Good luck
Catch lots of fish it you get there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts