IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and I fished out of Chinook Landing today...bout 11:45 a rod goes off and i try to hand it off to here..she declines...I ask her to reel in the other pole and she says "i think it's stuck" Just reel honey i say...no..i think there is something on here :shocked: DOUBLE As we're playing our fish i notice mine is a hatchery....so i get it in fast..as fast as you can horse a 21# Nook, Hers is rather large and i notice a fin..too bad honey...We snapped a pic while still partially submerged :tongue: And thankfully it comes off at the boat when i try to release it. :dance: What makes it even sweeter is that we caught them on lures i made As sad as these looked out of water..they spun like the best!

Pic of non-clipped fish

Lucky lures of the day

No fishtale...Her fish was close to 30lbs..And a weird color..kinda brown looking

MrDorkfish

Louis

[ 07-03-2003, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: Mrdorkfish ]

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
OK...lets see the lures (spinner's, wobblers?) and "out of Chinook Landing" is pretty vague...I'll settle for Gov't Island or Camas <grin>.

How deep were you?

·
Administrator
41,360 Posts
Heck, Brion, he was on the surface, in a boat! The question is, "How deep were the fish?" :grin:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Congrats on the fish, it feels prety good to catch fish on lures that you made :cheers:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gov Island...21ft water..Lures have been posted..Saw one other fish today...Heard it was very good for a while at 50?? Red can..Camas area :smile:

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Dfish,

That brass/red bead spinner is what has been working for me last few days.

I heard that pure red (both sides) has worked also.

Brion

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,254 Posts
Would you look at that nate pic IN THE WATER!! Thanks.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
OOOOOH! AAAAAAAAAH! :grin: Naaaas Feeeesh. AND you don't have to go home smelling like you got slimed by a nate!

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Dark Brown???? Could it have been an early Tule??
Nice job on the double...Bet the 2 of you were jazzed!!!!

Gotta love hook ups on your own lures :cheers:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fshklr, I wouldn't say dark brown..kind of a copperish look...like it might have been in for a while :shrug: There was just no chrome :smile:

BrionLutz, There was one other fish released down where i was...and he was using a Flash-n-glow that had an all red blade. I felt good about what i was using out there because others had been using it...i knew once that tide turned something was gonna happen :dance:

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I can tell you that the "Summer Run" fish that we get here in Idaho are sort of a tan color. Pretty funny, but you can tell the summers from the springers, while they are stacked in a hole.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Congrats... I might head out there sunday for a few hours and give it a go...I have a box full of similer spinners. Thanks for the photos!!!

This year is turning out pretty good...!!!! :dance:

·
Registered
591 Posts
SWEEEET!!!! Doubles rock!
Great pictures. Thanks for revealing your secret on taking pictures of natives. :wink: Maybe others will pick up on this concept.
Thanks for the info. :cheers:

Matt

·
Registered
366 Posts
Congrats on the catches :cheers: . Makes it special to hook-up on your own creation :cool: . Thanks for the informative post.

·
Registered
17,003 Posts
Thanks for the pics, especially the in-the-water action shot. And the tips too, we'll see if we can get something going with them today and this weekend further downriver.

Beauty of a fish that chromer!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts