IFish.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A close friend of the families was down in California visiting some of his relatives. Upondoing so they went to take him out to a big lake outside of Los Angeles..im not sure what the name of the lake is. So they pulled out some lawn chairs and had a Barbaque. They were not to far from a boat launch. and they were watching some real nice boats come in and out, some terrific looking ski boats,I might add. When down the ramp came this "very, very large motor home from what I hear the guy had a lot of money, but not to good of backing up skills, it took him a long time to finally get the trailer on the back of the motor home stright enough to put his huge boat upon it. buy this time people were screaming at him to hurry up and what not. his wife, or girl friend was trying to put the boat on the trailer and just didnt have the foggiest idea what she was doing. so he gets out yells at her got her in tears, people were then calling him a big jerk and ather words i cant say on here, told her to get in the motor home and bring it back a little and he would then drive the boat on it. Well upon her backing the motor home back hitting the gas to hard and he ,i guess, not knowing how much gass to give the boat, plus everyone screaming at him, she came back to fast and he hit the trottle to hard, upon doing so he ran a big beautiful boat approx two ft in to the back of his motor home!. I guess every one just laughed the ever loven you know whats off he pulled way up from every one and some people came up to help the poor guy out. to top it off he screamed at this wife blameing her. Oh well another day at a big California lake I guess

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
Somebody could make a fairly large pile of money by staking out a busy boat launch with a comcorder. I know I would pay $20 for a 90 minute video of the best boat ramp hijinks!

My buddy in Springfield was waiting at the Dexter Lake launch while two nimrods tried to load their too large Bayliner on the new, but too small trailer. Nimrod #1 backed the trailer in with his nice shiny pickup while Nimrod #2 powered the boat on.

They got the boat about half way on the trailer, which should have been about 6" deeper in the water, when she seemed to hang up. Nimrod #1 wildly motions for Nimrod #2 to give her some gas and get it the rest of the way onto the trailer. More gas, More Gas, MORE GAS! The engine was reving nicely when whatever was keeping the boat from going forward let go.

The bow roller stanchion was no match for the mass of the too large, too fast boat. It pretzeled without slowing the boat appreciably. As the tailgate folded into the truck bed, it did manage to slow the boat enough so that the boat came to rest half on the trailer and half in the bed of the now overloaded truck!

This left my friend with the task of getting the boat back onto the trailer in the growing darkness so that he could get his turn at the launch.

Wish I had that on video!

[ 07-19-2003, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: crabbait ]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts