IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier in the week the Marine forecast for this weekend was looking pretty ragged but today Wet Sands show this for Sunday.

Wind doesn't look too bad either.

I'm pretty new to this and really don't want to waste a tank of gas driving to the coast... Am I reading this right, that things are looking pretty mellow for Sunday. :pray::pray:
I'd like to get out for a few Silvers either out of the CR or Depoe bay. 20ft Thunderjet...

Your opinion would be greatly appreciated.

FF

· Registered
21,998 Posts
Waves will be a little tight together but a very fishable forecast. I am fishing both Sat and Sun off the CR for Salmon. To tired for a tuna trip at this point. Am I getting soft? Nawh, just need a recharge.

· Registered
4,808 Posts
We're headed out of Hammond for some salmon. Looked a little lumpy earlier but very fishable. Driving to the beach is never a waste of fuel, there's always something fun to do even if it's just getting a bowl of clam chowder.

· Registered
7 Posts
I watch my weather here: http://magicseaweed.com/Newport-Surf-Report/318/

I plan on heading out Sunday morning from Depot Bay.
I have been going out for bottom fishing and salmon 15 times since last year, tuna is new to me. So the more information the better.
My boat = Old timer blue Aluminum Crestliner Hull 19',135hp with kicker.
I pack about 40 gallons of gas. Range: 50miles based on there and back, with 33 percent reserve.
Other helps: Compass, GPS, 15 watt radio, 5 watt handheld, no radar, sonar 1600ft range.
If I see you out there I will say hi, what radio channel will you be on if you do go?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.