IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to Prineville Reservoir next week for the entire week. I have been told by some friends there is some fishing to be done there....

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
301 Posts
A couple years ago, I watched several kids land numerous crappie along the marina docks. I can not remember what they were using, but I am sure it was a plastic lead-head grub.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I would say to take your fly gear and head up way up the Crooked River. There are lots of great places to fish up there. If you have a boat you should be able to find fish in the lake as well.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Very nice flyfishing for trout and whitefish in the first few miles below the reservoir. Watch your step, though. The rattlers are thick down in the canyon, and range from the edge of the water all the way up to the rim. Last time I was there I got to see two "up close and personal." Kept me regular, though. :shocked:

Try some scuds in 12,14, 16. I hope you will release most of your fish below the dam to perpetuate the fishery.

And don't forget the Tastee Freez in Prineville across from the Courthouse. Their Mountain Burger will test your limits!

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
do what old coot says, plus fish the lake for crappies and smallmouth. Jigs, small crankbaits.
River is great below the dam, small fish, just try to relase the big ones, they are uncommon and should be protected.
have fun!
GBS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts