IFish.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to take avantage of the free spider wire coupons I got from the GI Joes derby and get some put on my reels. The coupons are good for 150yds which is more than enough. I have about 100yds of tuff xp on my reels now and never had a problem. The problem is I spooled the reels myself and just "eyeballed" the backing and braid amounts until it looked right. I know if I'm going to have Joes do it I will need to tell them "Put __yds of __#test mono on then put the 150yds of spider wire on. I figured enough of you guys on this board have been through this you might be able to help me out with the numbers to get it right. It will be going on a Calcutta and a ABU6500. Also any thoughts on spider wire would be appreciated. I've never used it but free is a good price to try it....unless it sucks :rolleyes:. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had 10 yds of 20# mono put on my spool before I had the spider wire put on. I haven't had a problem with it. I like the spider wire but I got the green color and it was hard to see when float fishing so I spooled my other reel with the hi-vis tuff line. Now I use the spider wire for plugs and spinners.

-Mark

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I took my coupon to Joe's right after the sturgeon derby and the guy had never seen one, knew nothing about it, and asked me where I got it.

I explained that they handed them out to everyone that fished in the Joe's sturgeon derby. The guy went on to say that they didn't carry SpiderWire in bulk and asked me what I wanted instead. They had spools of SpiderWire (300 yds) at about $30 each. I told him my reel wouldn't hold that much and I opted instead for the bulk 50# TuffLine.

I was happy with the deal... :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts